Log prices

welwell

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that burns wood on a regular basis should have their chimney lined. No matter how long wood is seasoned for it still leaves resin in the chimney. The resin soaks into the brickwork and if a fire occurs it cant be put out, resulting in structural damage to the house. My chimney is lined with stainless steel and I still clean every two months or so depending on the type of wood I,m burning. Sometimes the first section of my six inch flue is chogged right up leaving a three inch hole. I know when it,s time to clean just by judging the fires performance. Also I season all my wood for two years whether it,s for me or customers.

Been burning well seasoned stuff now for 5 years in my wood burning stove. Our chimney isn't lined, my sweep, who I use once a year says to mix the wood with coal, apparently that goes a little way to self-cleansing the flue. I think every year about getting it lined but it's so damn expensive (before you say it I know, I know, cheaper than a new chimney breast etc etc.) Are there any cheap, diy liners. Is a job a competent DIYer can undertake??

Been burning well seasoned stuff now for 5 years in my wood burning stove. Our chimney isn't lined, my sweep, who I use once a year says to mix the wood with coal, apparently that goes a little way to self-cleansing the flue. I think every year about getting it lined but it's so damn expensive (before you say it I know, I know, cheaper than a new chimney breast etc etc.) Are there any cheap, diy liners. Is a job a competent DIYer can undertake??

Yeah coal will help, but who wants to pay for coal when you have tons of wood. If you want a cheap flue liner try Machine Mart in Maidstone. I,ll have a word with my brother to see what price he can come up with, he fits stoves for EdMed stoves of Newington. What size flue do you need?

I reckon thats well cheap for Kent. I,m selling a level loaded L200 2 seater for £80. And I thought that was cheap.[/quote

i got a deal going with local 5 local pubs who i supply wood to, most have a 1.5 cube load every month and one has a trailer load every 10 days, its good regular repeat custom and down my way its saturated with people selling logs, 7 ad per page in our local paper

Yeah coal will help, but who wants to pay for coal when you have tons of wood. If you want a cheap flue liner try Machine Mart in Maidstone. I,ll have a word with my brother to see what price he can come up with, he fits stoves for EdMed stoves of Newington. What size flue do you need?

Much appreciated, what dimensions do you need??