Log prices

welwell

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dumpy bags we use are 90x90x90..

our wood is sold by the bag full only

all customers know the weights of all bags when full min 235-max 300kg..

if all had of read previouse posts,i was saying the max weight on the rear of the van is 1800kg, this depended on which wood was supplyed..

there is no tools on board and only one person in the van..

lol:001_tt2:hope this can be the end of this discussion...

:001_cool::001_cool:

As long as your customers are happy - and they can always say p off when you get there then thats all that matters you are getting a good price for your logs -- not the first time ive heard of this in your area and good luck to you matey

we sell by the net,the dumpy bag and the loose load.Just deliver a bag to a local trading standards officer and you will soon be pointed in the right direction. There' your logs sir,How many is in the bag? well,it's a bag. Yes but I need to know that every bag gives me the same amount for my money...brown pants time. His advice was always have a min content clearly marked on the bag or invoice. weight can vary,wet or dry? volume depends how much air. Nets now have a min content of 5 logs, dumpy min 50 logs and trailer, min 100 logs. Sounds stupid but once you explain reason to customer never had a problem. Have also noticed that some of the big merchants on the net have started quoting No of logs in bags.

Have also noticed that some of the big merchants on the net have started quoting No of logs in bags.

Yes but how big are those logs and are they triangular or square split, are they 10" or 14" long.

Is that five small logs in your net bags or five big logs?

You know how some customers can be :001_tongue:

Realisticly you can only sell logs by loose fill volume, I used to have a big plastic bin which measured 1m3, I just loose filled it and tipped it on the truck and describe the load as a loose filled cubic metre

Now I carefully hand pack a 85x85x85 bulk bag and you still get the same in that

ive been taking 150-200 for a level iveco tipper load delivered. (approx 3-4 cube) im with dean lofthouse. im not arsed to push log sales. most cheap contractors have ran out now. im based in teeside north east of the uk.

some contractors near me were selling logs with approx 5-7 split logs in for as little as £1.00.. delivered. that too little for hard work.. idiots

Edited by alistairmagee

Realisticly you can only sell logs by loose fill volume, I used to have a big plastic bin which measured 1m3, I just loose filled it and tipped it on the truck and describe the load as a loose filled cubic metre

Now I carefully hand pack a 85x85x85 bulk bag and you still get the same in that

hey dean. does that not take a long time to pack and is it not hard on the back?

is it worth it when you can just loose load a tipper?

I find people want the convenience of the bulk bag, but yes your right, where I can I just load up the truck loose.

What I did was load the truck level then empty it back out into bulk bags carefully to see exactly what the volume of logs I had on was.

Sad I know, but I'm a nightmare for wanting to know exactly what things are and it's got to be right :sneaky2: