annoyed by highly qualified ..rubbsih climbers

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad this thread has certainly pulled out into the open a lot of professional concerns in our industry-I hope some from the Arb Ass ( ? ) HSE an other bodies are checking in on this feedback. A lot of issues for them to tackle ? ( Shall we wait n see, boys n girls ? :) )

Khriss

Glad this thread has continued as i've been watching avidly to see if it turns in to negative or positive rants.

I only have in interest because i love the industry i work in and it seems to becoming increasingly harder for people to do what they love as a job in it.

I have seen it from a different side since working at a college (took a massive pay cut i might add) and its annoying how my hands are tied to some politics but as instructors, we pretty much get left to run our own shop. Thats why we build up such a good rapore with most of the students we work with and get to know what suits them for the industry (more than they think sometimes!) Hopefully we can help them play to there strengths and treat them mean and keep them keen.

Only said stick to the monteiths as i can get in sunny Lacashire, if i want speights i have to go to the speights pub in London. I'd rather go back to N.Z. to be honest!

I miss the land of the long white cloud.:001_cool:

Well said kipperfeet.

The loss of the middle year is a great loss indeed. Sounding like the old man i am, i had to have a years industry experience before i could get on a ND college course and after a years theory we went out into the industry for a year. Employers paid us peanuts and they got willing labour and updated with any new techniques we could pass on. Then it was back to college for our final year. Now its straight from school into college two years later walk out with an ND an a few days experience. The College gets paid by the number of students through its doors and therefore the bar is set very low. I've had students work for me that wouldn't know which end of a rake to hold but there are some folks out there that want to learn and we all have to start somewhere.

Sorry if this turned into a rant