annoyed by highly qualified ..rubbsih climbers

Czlowiek Drzewo

There are plenty of first rate climbers out there who are worthy of the “hundred plus” club.

The youth in college hear of these rates and the promise of future riches probably buoys them up during the relative poverty of college and may reduce the drop out rate.

Once they have their hard earned qualification and competencies some assume they step into that club. I have known several who entered the world of work with aspirations of the top climber job. I guess it’s a large fish in a small pond thing.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be honest, i came out of college expecting 90 a day minimum. job im in now is 60 a day, i complained like hell for the first few weeks. but now i do see that top dollar demands top climbing. putting all my whining energy into climbing every tree i get to at work. give it a few more months and i recon ill be able to reduce a medium sized oak on my own. fingers crossed

I get loads of calls from guys looking for work....telling me that they have cs this and cs that...and qualified in this and that..annoys the hell out of me...there seems to be a new generation of super geek climbers!...that have a this dry knowledge ..but when it comes to thinning a big tree out and doing a scary removal in the pissing rain ..the just crack..and are broken easy!

I understand that Arboroculture is advancing in new technology and climbing methods etc are making things safer and and jobs more efficent...but You still need to have a thick skin..and be at least a little bit tough!

Just had to many guys call me up telling me they have done this and done that...then shaking like aleaf when the get 10 ft of the ground...PATHETIC!

Concur ( tar n feathr them ! )

ill be honest, i came out of college expecting 90 a day minimum. job im in now is 60 a day, i complained like hell for the first few weeks. but now i do see that top dollar demands top climbing. putting all my whining energy into climbing every tree i get to at work. give it a few more months and i recon ill be able to reduce a medium sized oak on my own. fingers crossed

Youll get there -keep at it ( 125 a day me)

i new climber is worth less that a new groundsman IMO

Agreed new climbers are trainee groundsman first

untill they can prove that they know understand & can do the groundies job,without hesitation pause or being a premadona then theres no point putting them up the tree !!

I've seen some cock sure climbers who treat groundies like Rats scurrying beneath them ,crashing a pile of shite down to earth,

because they havent done it for long enough

its how your job is done that matters, cut ready for dragging & the chipper,

A good team must have a good groundie to keep it all moving ,

some climbers think they've got a god giving right,

because their up the tree,

but climbing is easier than grounding !!

So to you new folks out there, learn your craft from the base up, be better, try harder & respect those you leave on the ground !!

in that way you know they understand & respect you.

ARB is Team work, & colleges dont teach that !!

tickets & qualifications are a means to get you started. but there is no course that can give you what the job can and it doesnt happen in a matter of months you have to stick at it