annoyed by highly qualified ..rubbsih climbers

Czlowiek Drzewo

Hey, us new guys have gotta start somewhere. Give us a break, huh? College is cosy and you're right, they don't teach you how to crown reduce or thin or whatever. They show you how to use a saw 'safely' and climbing technique. It's up to you experienced guys to show us how the jobs done. Surely you don't really expect anyone to come out of college and be fully confident at all aspects of the job? It takes a special teacher to instill confidence...

very true..but to expect a high wage is nuts.

I would rather have a groundsman with no tickets..but a good head on his shoulders rather than arborgeek

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such thing. Hard work never killed anyone. Been killing the working classes for centuries. Work with your hands? Eat lunch with those same hands, your not going to ever get a decent wage.

**** about in the city making money between lines of coke and liquid lunches in spearmint rhino's and hey here is a £million bonus. Not that there's a chip shop on my shoulder.

No such thing. Hard work never killed anyone. Been killing the working classes for centuries. Work with your hands? Eat lunch with those same hands, your not going to ever get a decent wage.

**** about in the city making money between lines of coke and liquid lunches in spearmint rhino's and hey here is a £million bonus. Not that there's a chip shop on my shoulder.

Haha so true and now they feck up then get bailed out by us the taxpayer.

Grumble, moan.

Martyn, my gaffer complains about the same thing, but it's not only newbies. I've seen some freelance climbers who couldn't hack it. the bosses favorite sorting out technique is he will tell them to come along monday as he has an 80ft dead beech to be climbed, just don't come along if you can't get it sorted in the day.

Jamie

i started at the bottom, i went in saying i was fresh out of a semi related degree course and had just aquired my basic tickets and i was doing my RFS cert arb.

he deals this way with people who come in saying that they can do anything and demand top dollar.

on a side note i'd say that i think i'd pass his test these days.

Jamie