Land Rover defender would you buy one.?

clyde

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've had four now.

oldest was a 1956 108, we bought it with the TD lump fitted....crap thew that away and fitted a 200tdi ( imo the best engine for a landy)

it was like tiggers brush...the local mot station used to joke that it was made up from more landrovers than the army owned....

broke my heart when we had to sell her to buy my first tipper..

years down the line we run a nissan pathfinder as the family car. its just as good off road as the landy was ( as long as your careful of the plastic bits) but it is MILES more comfortable, quiet, DRY, warn etc than a landy could ever be

would i have another landy....TOO RIGHT

:lol:

hi was looking to buy my first land rover defender, not sure if i should go for the 300tdi or td5. are they expensive to run/repair should i just go for the reliable landcrusier

OK i only know a little about the old ones and its not good i got a new one 110 hi cap HD and although having had about 11 mths 8k yes you read it 8k of repairs on waranty, i really like like it, iv not told landrover, i told them i wont my money back, but it has really grown on me.landrover dont speak to me anymore. what do you think of that? its true:thumbup:

Have you seen the price of a G-Wagen...?:confused1:

You earning city money or what?

Ty

I was looking for a cheap 90 to do up for this winter use but found a G ,Paid £200 for an f reg one.. Had an exhaust made up and a rear spring and fuel pump off eBay oh and an alternator to get it on the road... Apart from being petrol and doing 25 to the gallon!!! It's an awsome machine, nice to drive unlike a cramped 90 and Im not spending every weekend with it in bits like my last , which to be honest put me off them for life!! I think merc looked at the landy and basically doubled the size of all the diffs ect to make it more reliable.... If it was a diesel It would be perfect apart from they didn't make pick up versions I believe .