Rope Wrench feedback

Can one of guys please post of pic of the lanyard over the shoulder thing?

I think I get it, but want to be sure I configure it right.

Hi Mark i have a picture in this album, hopefully it will explain but if not i'll take some tomorrow when i go head to head on some lime reductions SRT VS DRT! :thumbup1:

Dave,I use the unicender and I can't see why you would want to use it with a RW? ...

The answer lies within the last sentence of my post, "... refines and simplifies control and will reduce wear, big-time." Many people have given up on the Uni because they could not master one-handed control with it.

Dave

Hi Mark i have a picture in this album, hopefully it will explain but if not i'll take some tomorrow when i go head to head on some lime reductions SRT VS DRT! :thumbup1:

Rope Wrench SRT | Facebook

Thanks Ian.

I'll be using a VT/HC with my RW when I get it, hopefully this week!

I presume the lanyard would clip into my HC?

I just fancied it for access initially, thinking I could bomb up the tree twice as quick, then switch to DRT, but the whole SRT thing is looking to have more and more advantages.

Exciting times, can't wait to try it.

The answer lies within the last sentence of my post, "... refines and simplifies control and will reduce wear, big-time." Many people have given up on the Uni because they could not master one-handed control with it.

Dave

Dave,

I use one hand all the time. What I do not do though is jump huge distances in a free fall mode. By this I mean depressing the levers on there own and not wrapping the rope over the top. I haven't had a problem so far and my wear on the unicender is holding up really well!

Looking forward to seeing your new thread.

Thanks Ian.

I'll be using a VT/HC with my RW when I get it, hopefully this week!

I presume the lanyard would clip into my HC?

I just fancied it for access initially, thinking I could bomb up the tree twice as quick, then switch to DRT, but the whole SRT thing is looking to have more and more advantages.

Exciting times, can't wait to try it.

Yeah either the middle clip on the HC or a dmm thinble attached to the RW itself. With a slic pin you can switch over in seconds. Running bowline your top anchor, srt up, strop in, remove pin and RW, remove runing bowline and away you go. :thumbup1:

P.S the 1st time you use it for work positioning it is going to feel weird but give it a few hours and you may never ever want to go back.

Dave,

I use one hand all the time. What I do not do though is jump huge distances in a free fall mode. By this I mean depressing the levers on there own and not wrapping the rope over the top. I haven't had a problem so far and my wear on the unicender is holding up really well!

Looking forward to seeing your new thread.

This is something I've been wondering about for ages. How long does it take for the plates to wear out? I know it depends on hours used per week and descending style etc.

If you could give us an example of roughly how much climbing a week you do, if you have a 'gear heavy' descending style it would be very useful.

What a learning curve this thread is, sometimes a little hard to get me head around but enlightening :001_smile: Ive gone from wanting to make a rope walker set up for Drt about a week ago( which I posted about) to ordering a RW,that I got today, and can't wait to try out SRT. Slow n Low to start, there's alot to take in. I would prefer to see the whole set up live, ie, a demo or rec climb, but am positive I'll sort it out. I climb on Tachyon with a HC/VT set up, the RW/SRT seems the natural progression to take :thumbup: