Rope Wrench feedback

I tried this today while dismantling a Conifer and I worked really well. The sling was not quite the right length but I can fiddle about with that.

On another subject, (not that anyone would be interested,) I tried my LJ again under the RW as I've been determined to get used to it SRT as I love the LJ, unfortunately I hated it again. Oh well.

just curious why dont you get on with it?? i find mine works great with the rope wrench.

carl

just curious why dont you get on with it?? i find mine works great with the rope wrench.

carl

Well, the LJ does work under the RW but I find it fiddly to advance when ascending, especially for small adjustments. I also find it very unnerving to see the LJ hanging on the line (in free fall mode) until I drop my weight a bit and the RW bends the rope then the LJ does it's thing.

It just doesn't work as positively for me as I'd like. I can't imagine there would ever be a free fall situation if tended correctly on the rope but I don't like the amount of sitback I get.

One of my staff has an SJ so I'm interested to give that a whirl, out of curiosity. Hopefully I'll do that in the next couple of weeks.

Well, the LJ does work under the RW but I find it fiddly to advance when ascending, especially for small adjustments. I also find it very unnerving to see the LJ hanging on the line (in free fall mode) until I drop my weight a bit and the RW bends the rope then the LJ does it's thing.

It just doesn't work as positively for me as I'd like. I can't imagine there would ever be a free fall situation if tended correctly on the rope but I don't like the amount of sitback I get.

One of my staff has an SJ so I'm interested to give that a whirl, out of curiosity. Hopefully I'll do that in the next couple of weeks.

one way of advancing the rope i seem to be using a lot is to grab the rope inbetween the wrench and the lockjack and pull up using the wrench as one would the pulley in a vt set up and with a bit of rope wieght beneeth i find the lock jack selftends the slack, iam using tachyon rope.

this works great for me but to be honest i havnt tried the wrench with a hitch so maybe its loads better.

might try and put up some photos of my set up iam intrested to see if i can improve my frog walking set up.

cheers carl

one way of advancing the rope i seem to be using a lot is to grab the rope inbetween the wrench and the lockjack and pull up using the wrench as one would the pulley in a vt set up and with a bit of rope wieght beneeth i find the lock jack selftends the slack, iam using tachyon rope.

this works great for me but to be honest i havnt tried the wrench with a hitch so maybe its loads better.

might try and put up some photos of my set up iam intrested to see if i can improve my frog walking set up.

cheers carl

Small steps i found if you take bigger steps its counter productive. (lifts some slack up)

Im getting my rope wrench soon from fr jones cant wait for it to get here now.Anyway I was just wondering about anchor knots that are used and how to change work positions in the tree any pics would be great if it has been covered can you re direct me cheers:blushing:

Im getting my rope wrench soon from fr jones cant wait for it to get here now.Anyway I was just wondering about anchor knots that are used and how to change work positions in the tree any pics would be great if it has been covered can you re direct me cheers:blushing:

Don't bother changing anchors, just redirect, then take them out when you're finished. Anchor wise I mostly use a top anchor with a running bowline. I find there is a lot of sit back on base anchors when you load/unload your rope at the top of the tree. Running bowlines aren't retrievable unless you drop a throwline etc, but on srt it's not hard to get back up to untie it:thumbup: