Rope Wrench feedback

Rock climbing rope is dynamic. Tree climbing ropes have some give to them, not fully dynamic but a bit! Then there are semi static lines used for access lines (and now for SRT) but a fully Static line is quite a rare thing!! Some dyneema lines claim to be fully static, I remember there was am interest in these for footlocking (especially at comps) but the cost was huge, and the thinking now seems to be that a tiny but of give is better.

No not heard of it but it might be under a different name over here:thumbdown: Have you got a picture on facebook you can pop up on DBTrees?

Done Ian-its by Samson. quite like tenex but super hardwearing and heat resistant. weird in that it looks knackered after one use but thats just the dye wearing out and some fibres fluffing up..

(i cant upload pics from my iphone to arbtalk so goes on DBTree facebook page)

Ivy covered shitbag sycs to pollard (read top to 4m). Isolating a high anchor would have been impossible. Bring on the Wrench!

Up, cut and chuck the top, pull the pin, switch to Ddrt after groundie untied base, and work the tree downwards (I still don't see any advantage in SRT when descending!).

The alternative today would have been a very miserable ascent on spikes on each tree (after getting off my ladder, obviously).

I can safely say the RW paid for itself today alone, and that is by no means an exaggeration.

I enjoyed today, and I wouldn't have said that a month ago, I can assure you.

I'm having a few cold beers tonight, and I'm raising a couple of them to you Mr Bingham!

I did 4 sets of dips and 5 sets on biceps when I got in, just in case my arms start withering....:001_tongue:

Ah for the main tests Posion Ivy, Samson Velocity, globe-srt line and Tacyon

(hence why i had a little time out of the thread)

I'll rate the ropes i've used:

Posion ivy: 7 - would be higher but found it a bit bouncy

Yale ice: 7 - Nice rope but seemed to burn out the beal quickly

Velocity: 9 - Really good, does fluff up easily but doesnt effect the RW at all

Globe: 9 - Really good but is a little stiff in construction

Tacyon: 9 - Really good and harder wearing than Posion Ivy

Yale XTC: 6 - Seemed to bind up a fair bit with the RW

Hope this is of intrest.

Flipping heck Ian. Do you own an Arb shop?!