Rope Wrench feedback

Thanks mate, the only problem with the zk1 is it is a little wider and my tethers use 8mm liros so there would be an awful amount of play. It would take something hideous looking at the top eye to stop the zk1 falling into neutral. Zk2 is by far the better of the 2 IMO :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Maybe look at filling the guts of the ZK1 just forward the tether as a stopper instead of the stopper being on the tether. Push bike tube or similar comes to mind wrapped tightly around the tether end of the wrench as a test then if AOK heat shrink something a little more permanent in place ie a block of rubber or silicon.

As for the sideways slop some packers ie polyurethane round bar is easy to get a hold of, shape and work with.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Tony

I've got the Zk2 bud. They're great aren't they! Had a great little play in the woods today, made a foot strap for my hand ascender and with a bit of practice it felt like I was shooting up the tree. I just find sorting my tip out to be a bit long winded! Any advice?

Hi Gerbutt. If you are using it for access just shoot as high as you can and base anchor the rope, bearing in mind the forces and the anchor point.

If you want to work the tree on the wrench and need to advance your line, I choke the rope off, ascend and slap a throwbag on the end of the line to advance. Then anchor it at the top however you like. Retrievable or fixed, there are lots of different ways. :thumbup1:

Cheers Ben. Had a few more plays and everything's becoming quicker. One thing I'm finding a little tricky is climbing back up through a natural redirect, the wrench and hitch seem to get caught on the crotch. I get there in the end but what's the best way to do it?

Sometimes coming back through the same V as your redirect can lead to this problem, however there are ways around it! Like benn has said if there isn't much of an angle in the line then sometimes whist pushing your self away from the fork itself whilst standing on the pantin can do the trick! Or if you do need to redirect and it's going to be a redirect you need to come back through then set a false redirect up with a sling and bina either a little further out from the fork or a little higher than the fork is better, allowing you to come above the fork without struggling to get back through it. I only ever use natural redirects if I'm never going back up the same route :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ahh I see! It was because the line was coming at an angle to the redirect so things were getting caught. Now from what you've said I'd be able to put my foot in the fork on the way down, lean back and put a false one in, descend and do work and then put foot back in the fork on my way back up! Cheers Adam 😃

Have to second Adams post.. Use a false redirect if you are coming back to it.. Either that or push away from the fork with one foot and use the pantin on the other. Or if the fork will take your full weight.. strop into it. unclip the wrench slide it over the fork and clip back in the other side of the fork.. Then just pull your tail through.