1. 1. Do you;

• Never use aspen
    • Always use aspen
    • Occasionally use aspen

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price is deffinately the biggest trouble, especially if it can't be passed on to customers. Unleaded around here is £1.30 a litre so £6.50 for 5 litres and Stihl hp oil is £7.16 a litre which at 50:1 mix does ten 5 litre mixes 72p a mix, totalling £7.22 for 5 litres of mixed fuel compared to £17.60 for aspen. If aspen was only a couple of quid dearer a gallon then I'm certain we'd all be using it :001_rolleyes:

Check out this site, a bloke has kept a note of petrol prices in his area from 1983:biggrin:

Petrol Prices

Sounds like everyone would ditch pump petrol altogether if Aspen was a few quid less..... Come on Aspen, make it £13-£14 and sell ten times as much!

To be fair you can buy it at that price tomorrow (and this would include the vat as well) but you need to buy a pallet load.

Storage? They were selling storage containers to take a pallet load for £108-00 + vat (less than they pay I would think as they're good quality)

I take 6 months to use a pallet load but as it doesn't really have a shelf life not a problem.

I never use it, simply costs too much. Pump petrol already costs a fortune which i grudge every day when i fill up so why would i want to spend 3 times as much when i dont have any problems with pump fuel except the already high cost? I have no health problems using pump fuel either, i dont know what you guys are doing but i rarely get a lung full of exhaust fumes except when cutting the stump off as has been mentioned already. All my saws run great on pump fuel as well (even tesco fuel dare i say it) so i dont see any reason at all why i should change.

I never use it, simply costs too much. Pump petrol already costs a fortune which i grudge every day when i fill up so why would i want to spend 3 times as much when i dont have any problems with pump fuel except the already high cost? I have no health problems using pump fuel either, i dont know what you guys are doing but i rarely get a lung full of exhaust fumes except when cutting the stump off as has been mentioned already. All my saws run great on pump fuel as well (even tesco fuel dare i say it) so i dont see any reason at all why i should change.

You say that David, but the reality is that exhaust fumes are really bad for us and the effects may not be immediately noticed. The accumulative effects are far more of a concern than the short term health issues.:thumbdown:

Have spent the last few weeks there with the hedge trimmer at face height and I don't know how anyone can say its not an issue.

Its absolutely horrible.

What is an issue is the closest distributor being in Huntly. An hour and a half round trip at best and practically impossible in winter.

Come on Aspen you need to do better than that.