Tractor drivers

Gollum

Just to start the ball rolling.

Have any of you tractor drivers got fed up with puling over to let Joe Public past

and they don't say thank you.

So the next line of cars have to wait until you're in a better mood.

30 odd years ago we used to try to get on the road in our village about 7.50pm to catch all the commuters rushing to catch the train.

The competition was to see who could hold up the most cars.

the best thing to hold them up was towing a Cambridge ring roll,:biggrin:

Any one else do the same.

And it is this sort of stupid, immature, pathetic potato attitude that winds non tractor drivers up to top pitch. I bet you are in the brigade who think that you are 'cool' doing 'traffic calming'. Wait until you hold up an ambulance in whihc someone dies because you were in a bad mood. Its people like you who give us all a bad name:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Edited by Stephen Blair

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which firm?

weve done some turf work in frodsham and nearby kingsley, been there a few times and driven through there a lot. Thats about as much as ive done there.

Rob, they weren't an arb firm, but a traffic management company, called Blue Arrow traffic management. Do you know them ?

Say what you think tommer, your right but there is other ways to show your distaste thou.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

There are other ways, but that was the least offensive way i could find.

Down here in west cornwall all of us who drive plant or agricultural vehicles on the road do our utmost NOT to antagonise car drivers, but there is one particular farm which grow spuds and bulbs who share the OP's views, and TBH they are despised and hated by other farmers for good reason....blocking up the A30 to the tune of 9 mile tailbacks. Its a main ambulance route too. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

There are other ways, but that was the least offensive way i could find.

Down here in west cornwall all of us who drive plant or agricultural vehicles on the road do our utmost NOT to antagonise car drivers, but there is one particular farm which grow spuds and bulbs who share the OP's views, and TBH they are despised and hated by other farmers for good reason....blocking up the A30 to the tune of 9 mile tailbacks. Its a main ambulance route too. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I know I have experienced some of them in the past. That's in different parts of the country think each county has them, the majority of tractor drives are sound but. I do the silage for the same boys every year and we take every by road no low loaders for anything, and he has big gear we try NOT to upset anyone why would you, we are all car drivers to.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk