Wages??

RobArb

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is cheap, but with so many people going it alone and competing, getting a job cheap is better than no money/job! Especially when so many of them have shiny trucks or chippers they owe money on...

Most of them aren't seen again a year after they show up, I wonder why? :sneaky:

The Arb Market is at saturation point in the UK.There are many Colleges producing more graduates every year than there are jobs to have.

With the recession shrinking peoples available funds there is less work to go round and less money to pay wages.

If for example a huge Storm struck the UK,there would be more work than people could do,so employer's would have to pay more to tempt staff from leaving their current jobs.

Wages would rise for the duration of the Storm Damage and subside there after.

As an employer why would you want to pay over the odds, paying staff too much makes you more expensive to the customer, which means you win fewer jobs, leading to cost cutting and staff redundancies. Welcome to the real world!

There's a thread on here with a guy offering his services for free just to get experience.... thats my kind of employee.

No one does an arb degree to get rich, you do law or accountancy for that.

I'm not doing it to "get rich" but I would hope after spending thousands on fees and giving up on life socially for a few years the recompense would be at least more than I'm getting now:sneaky2:

I'm not a greedy man, I don't want much and to me a decent wage is around the 30k mark, there are plenty consultants earning more than that:biggrin:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

I'm not doing it to "get rich" but I would hope after spending thousands on fees and giving up on life socially for a few years the recompense would be at least more than I'm getting now:sneaky2:

I'm not a greedy man, I don't want much and to me a decent wage is around the 30k mark, there are plenty consultants earning more than that:biggrin:

Then its up to you to make something happen, you make your own luck in life. no one else will do it for you:001_smile:

As an employer why would you want to pay over the odds, paying staff too much makes you more expensive to the customer, which means you win fewer jobs, leading to cost cutting and staff redundancies. Welcome to the real world!

There's a thread on here with a guy offering his services for free just to get experience.... thats my kind of employee.

So have you worked for nothing then tom?

Then its up to you to make something happen, you make your own luck in life. no one else will do it for you:001_smile:

Don't you worry about me, I do make my own luck and at the moment I'm working hard for it:biggrin:

I posted the original link as it does seem as the wages in general for people qualified (albeit this was a graduate position) are getting lower?