HSE Madness

TRADITIONAL LOGGERS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that some people are more concerned with getting into trouble than saving a life makes me very sad.

Those who chose not to act should hang their heads in shame, I don't know how they can live with themselves.

To true, hard to get your head round that.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

This incident is well known in Scotland, the 'firefighters' (as they pathically liked to be known now, because 'firemen' isn't cool enough) were weak minded idiots who lacked the strength of conviction to make the right decision. It wasn't exactly rocket science either, put rope down with fireman on it attach woman, pull rope up. Everyone of them should jailed for 5 years.

This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened with UK firemen.

the biggest problem that i can see in this case is that the rules surrouning rescue using a Fall Arrest system have been used to excuse the the shocking and unprofessional way in which the incident was dealt with .

in theory all equipment supplied for rescue purposes has a safety factor that is double what would be expected for normall FARS equipment .

i would like to put money on it that had it been a police oficer that had fallen down the shaft whilst on duty the rescue services would have been throwing every last bit of kit at making sure they could rescue the officer .

Now how much is a civilian life worth ???? ah i remember - slightly less that a disciplinary hearing !!!!!!