Silky Sintung whinge.

Mark Bolam

A few weeks back I bought a Silky Hayauchi 6.3m pole pruner.

Awesome saw, great bit of kit, excellent build quality, very happy with it.

BUT - I also bought the Sintung lopping head.

Doesn't have the same fixings as the saw-blade (doesn't utilise a perfectly good pop-up stud, instead has fiddly bolts) and the build quality is awful.

Cheap, pressed parts and weak springs. After 4 weeks of light use the blade won't return. Todays reduction was a PITA.

I'm truly disgusted. Every other piece of Silky kit I've had reeks of quality.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Edited by Steve Bullman
language Mr Bolam??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never used any silky loppers, didnt even know they did them...

here is what i use Universal Telescopic Garden Cutter / Cutting Tools / Products | Fiskars UK

they rock :thumbup:

I'm not a size queen David, but there is a big difference between 3.4m and 6.3m!

I bought the thing intending to use the lopping head much more than the saw, so I'm a bit gutted.

I'm not a size queen David, but there is a big difference between 3.4m and 6.3m!

I bought the thing intending to use the lopping head much more than the saw, so I'm a bit gutted.

gotcha:thumbup1:

I mostly use mine while climbing anyway so i dont need a huge reach. Its good to just sit in the middle of the tree and be able to prune all around it without moving. At our age every little helps eh :001_rolleyes: