vosa

markstuarttosdevine

There will always be aholes on the road VOSA won't stop them.

Perhaps not completely but it will keep most of them off the road.

And if everyone run 100% legal do you think VOSA would decrease? I think not.

I would hope not, It's a hypothetical number but if it takes a given levell to make evryone run legal then thats the level the agency needs to maintain to keep it that way.

You make it sound that VOSA are great guys who are saving us from the evil dodgy operator.

I didn’t say they are great guys that’s just your mistaken impression generated by your clear dislike of VOSA and probably authority on general. VOSA is a necessary evil, it’s inconvenient when they pull me in but I take solace every time I drive past the checkpoint and see some muppet taking stuff off a vehicle to bring it down to the legal weight.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those you refer to with dodgy vehicles are of no fixed abode therefore futile to pursue as it costs a fortune to chase em. As for clean and tidy I know someone who is obsessed with running a tidy and legal outfit on an 8 wheeler HGV. He got told his rear number plate needed lowering an inch, flexing muscles of authority? Number plate was highly readable. At least next time they tell him to move it an inch the holes are ready predrilled.

Or a better one when comes number plates is, its not a standard plate the spacing is wrong there's a £60 fine. I ask for what reason must it be standard there answer so cameras can pick it up. I explain I have been caught on a speed camera with that rear plate on. They shrugg there shoulders and walk away, it not because of the reasons they say it's because they can and do whatever they want. Very few operators argue there cases in court and that's because there made to feel there been cut some slack by being given a fine and left to carry on.

For anyone who buy or reads commercial motor it is full of operators having there licences revoked due to cases against them.

So we can all sleep safe tonight knowing VOSA is there to protect us.

Time to put my head above the parapet (if thats the correct spelling).

My understanding on tachos was that forestry is exempt as long as you operate within 50 km of your base.

I am a wimp when it comes to travelling and just about all of my work is within 30k of home - running a 3.5 GVW transit and a 749 kg chipper I have assumed I am safe from tacho-land.

Fire away

Will my local cholesterol enabler (kebab retailer) who operates from a towed kitchen have to take a 45 minute meal break every day because he's operating under driver regs? It could get nasty if he has to take a break after closing time. The Government havn't really thought this out have they!

Perhaps not completely but it will keep most of them off the road.

I would hope not, It's a hypothetical number but if it takes a given levell to make evryone run legal then thats the level the agency needs to maintain to keep it that way.

I didnt say they are great guys thats just your mistaken impression generated by your clear dislike of VOSA and probably authority on general. VOSA is a necessary evil, its inconvenient when they pull me in but I take solace every time I drive past the checkpoint and see some muppet taking stuff off a vehicle to bring it down to the legal weight.

Yes your right I do dislike authority especially in the UK as they take it to the extreme in most cases, and rarely use discretion.

As for muppets taking stuff off to get down to weight. I have been in that position you wouldn't know anything about that but because you are the knight of the road. If you get loaded but you are 650kg over on an axle how would you know that.

And before you say you should have went to a weighbridge. What if you have and have a weight ticket to prove you have and you where under your gross weight.

Not all weighbridges are dynamic.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Yes your right I do dislike authority especially in the UK as they take it to the extreme in most cases, and rarely use discretion.

As for muppets taking stuff off to get down to weight. I have been in that position you wouldn't know anything about that but because you are the knight of the road. If you get loaded but you are 650kg over on an axle how would you know that.

And before you say you should have went to a weighbridge. What if you have and have a weight ticket to prove you have and you where under your gross weight.

Not all weighbridges are dynamic.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

There you go again with the assumptions......

I get away with what I can where I can, I have been on the wrong end of GV9 before now, it was my fault, I knew there was a problem and put it on my “to do list” they got me before I got round to it, my fault no whining, I just took my licks and moved on.

Time to put my head above the parapet (if thats the correct spelling).

My understanding on tachos was that forestry is exempt as long as you operate within 50 km of your base.

I am a wimp when it comes to travelling and just about all of my work is within 30k of home - running a 3.5 GVW transit and a 749 kg chipper I have assumed I am safe from tacho-land.

Fire away

Your right. So long as your main job is not transporting goods in a vehicle, so in other words you are taking your tools to carry out work not delivering then so long as your are 50km from your base your fine. Got stopped by vosa and the police carrying a tracked chipper on my iveco 3.5t and the dude from vosa suggested I should fit a tacho. He even suggested I should fit it to my navara. So looked into it more a proves that not even vosa can clearly identify who should and shouldn't have tacho's. Bored of this countries Bureaucracy bull.