stihl's online sales policy

littlerob

The policy you speak of does not exist here Stateside. Not sure how long this policy will last for you guys. I really do not believe this policy could have any legs here.

easy-lift guy

The policy doesn't work, it only works for those willing to comply, secondly stihl only makes certain parts available in certain countries, which, trust me, is very annoying when rebuilding an old machine, such as an 090 or 051

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CURSES to Stihl. Today I wanted to get a filter cover for a 230. That one that you just turn the wee black knob at the back, lift it off, put a new one on and turn the knob again. I could do it behind my back in th dark, in a tree, in a gale. But I have to trudge off somewhere and pick it up so that Mr Stihl's minions can explain to me how to do it safely? And pay twice as much plus the earning time spent getting there and back and listening to instruction that I don't need.

CURSES to them and their ludicrous policy. Next time it's a Husky. Or maybe a Makita.

Update: my usual stockist just took the order over the phone, bless them, because I am an existing customer. Took 2 minutes. Parts will be here tomorrow. It's just Stihl that's the bams then, not the sensible stockist.

I wouldn't say to anyone who it was or they'll have everyone ringing up, and they may get in trouble if they don't do the same for others. I'm sure you know that anyway but I wouldn't have even put the hint out that some are willing!

Not sure how this will pan out but it has to hurt Stihl's sales to some extent, by how much who knows? They will have calculated the amount that they will gain from increased margins agains what they will loose in overall numbers.

That said I bought a makita 7901 a couple of years or so ago and it has been a brilliant buy, I am always pleasantly surprised by its power each time I use it and it has been very reliable, only needing a chain brake band so far. I would definitely have another.

All we need is for one of the big arb suppliers to start selling them.... Hint Hint.....

Good post Dean. I'm in the process of buying new hedge cutters. Fr Jones has them for 409 inc vat. My dealer wanted closer to 500. Surely it's not a free market when aside from getting on a plane to get them I have to pay a higher price? As for ordering parts...don't talk to me!

I,m gradually moving over to husqvarna anyway, three of my big saws are now husqvarna and when my two top handles die, they will be replaced the same.

I for one will not support a company that thinks it can dictate how it's end users buys it products

:dito:

12 months ago we had 100% stihl, we now have a 550xp and a 540t.

Good post Dean. I'm in the process of buying new hedge cutters. Fr Jones has them for 409 inc vat. My dealer wanted closer to 500. Surely it's not a free market when aside from getting on a plane to get them I have to pay a higher price? As for ordering parts...don't talk to me!

Is that our brothers in enniskillen?