Its all kicking off at dale farm!!

Pete Hart

We are all human beings, Axe murderers, psycopaths, mad dictators, bankers, child molestors, the full spectrum are all human.

However the individuals or groups behavouir dictates how they are regarded by the greater community.

I would very reasonably believe that the so called "travellers" appear to regard themselves as above the law, whilst preying on mostly decent, mostly law abiding, mostly tax paying citizens, preferably the older & more vunerable the better, and yes I could name two older people in the local Community so preyed apon.

And yes, I am aware there are dodgy locals as well.

I do appreciate that there will be some decent ones among them , but unfortunately the general "traveller" image is well deserved, and yes, they are not wanted in their "homeland" either, one wonders why?

PS

I witnessed 3 of them (=travellers) abuse a waitress in a motorway burger place in the middle of the afternoon, then by climbing over tables to be disruptive as possible, left without paying.

I have never witnessed such behaviour from any other group.

Edited by difflock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a 'little englander attitude' then?

The whole them and us attitude you take as far as travellers, the country is coming down with chancers from all over the world, but it seems to me that when the opportunity arises about the travelling community, there a group on here that always jumps on the bandwagon.

As I said before if they where black would you feel you could talk the way you do on a public forum about them? I think not, but because they are who they are it's a free for all.

Just read the news story and watched aerial video of Police in action. Although I believe we have the same issues with squaters and malcontents here in the states I agree with difflock. When any group or association of persons take advantage of the system to the point of armed conflict this group should be rounded up and punished for said actions against society as a whole. It appears that this problem will only get worse since the offenders continue to want full protection from law enforcement while at the same time continue to thumb their noses at the same law they seek protection from.

These folks I guess will not conform to the laws of the land and it is a pity that with all the effort spent avoiding and skirting the law how much better things could be if they would just grow up and end the game. I guess some never want to leave never never land.

easy-lift guy

If there is an issue with any moderation, you are free to bring it up with the administration. I/we moderate this forum to enable it to run freely without any issues. Now for example what I regard as racism another mod may not, likewise with the type of language used by some. I personally try to mod without fear or favour, to treat everyone equally, beyond my personal beliefs, following a set of very basic forum rules that each and every member agreed to follow before posting.

There people on here get to say more than others.

Perhaps you should stop to consider that on a good day Arbtalk gets anywhere from 700 posts upwards, and with a team of moderators who also work full time a lot of posts simply get missed. Instead of complaining about it why not do something useful and use the report post feature which alerts all moderators of anything inappropriate

The camp is illegal. To allow it to stay would open up litigation flood gates for others that have had planning refused, probably running into billions i reckon.

I have suffered a great deal at the hands of travellers, I personally despise then with good reason, but hey, don't let that put any of you off turning down any wedding invitations or birthday parties you may get invitations to.

Sent from my iPhone cos it was

The cynic in me wonders how much the press stirred up the confrontation. The dale mob has had several days in court and appeals and must be fully aware that they aren't going to win against the police numbers...just going to get some more court time for resistance and violence...

The only way they could have held out would have been back-up from their whole traveller community nationwide.