Police seized my silky and saws...!

samthescam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the states I believe it is called profiling and at least here in the Sunshine state of Florida if the police have "probable cause" they can ask permission first to search and if anything is in plain sight proceed further and search more, than the dog's are called out and than back up arrives and before you know it your either sent on your way or your stuff is impounded along with yourself. It is not a script from Cops it has happened to me once and Barney Fife and his crew tried and failed to pin anything on me. Just wasted my time and theirs and wasted a lot of resources in the process. I guess they were trying to show the Sarge that night and failed there too!. Did you get your Kit back??

easy-lift guy

Hi. Sorry for late response, it's because I have been working! I did get the stuff back. I asked why it was taken, and was told that any bladed instrument is illegal to carry if you don't have lawful authority! I pointed out they were tools and was told they weren't tools as my brother wasn't driving to work. I did take down all the invoices and stuff, but they wernt interested in that. All the sergeant I spoke to said was that if it had been him who stopped my brother he would have been arrested and charged! Apparently we both got off lucky. Either way, I did speak to my brother at great length. I don't think he was hobby, but was told he was also taking his friend to get some smokes, who isnt all that popular with the boys in blue! They also emptied the fuel tank, as apparently it was a fire risk!

get yourself down to the police station, demand your property back, ask on whos authority they carried out an illegal search of your vehicle, and on what grounds, regester an official complaint againstr the officers concerned, and demand an apology fron the senior police officer. these days the police seem to think they can do as they please, you have to keep slapping them back into place and remind them there duty is to serve the public, not do as they like, do not under any circumstances take any excuses from them, they are the ones at fault and dont let them forget it.

Its amazing the police want to even get out of bed with attitudes like yours

Good to see a lot of time and resources wasted for no good reason whatsoever.:thumbdown:

How do couriers manage to get away with delivering these highly dangerous weapons then!:sneaky2:

I find it quite unbelievable, do we need lawful authority to buy and transport kitchen knifes, shears, carpenters saws etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Did you ask why they werent out chasing 'real' criminals? :laugh1:

i use to carry my saw down the street and on the train, for 4 months, only got stopped once by an over zealous train conductor, I rang network rail and they told me to stick it in a bag and catch the next train......i even got stopped by the cops coz prince Charles was visiting town that day. They looked at the saw, and me, in full work gear, hi vis etc, i showed them my nptc, the copper said it must be an interesting job.....though i got pulled from a car because the driver 'looked like a known criminal' and searched, and bollocked for having a leatherman in the bottom of my rucksack.... Alot depends on circumstances and attitudes, I always be polite to coppers as they have the ability to make your life difficult, though they should have arrested your brother and issued a receipt and contacted you to confirm the owner ship, i,e prove they aint nicked. If your bro was riding with a toerag then there is a chance said toerag has given coppers grief so perhaps it was a little payback....though again they should have been taken in, questioned and charged. But it is insane that we cant carry the tools of our trade....you can potentially club some one to death with a suitcase or even bare hands if one was so inclined.......at what point is the line drawn????? I guess its just one to chalk up to experience and ensure that we all carry out NPTC cards etc, and if the cop asks, 'yes mate, just on my way back home from the job, but thanks for your concern sorry for taking up your time as you must have some important work to get to, catching criminals etc...'