big ash with heavy lean towards wires

dadio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a pretty decent fell, hard to judge those, at least you had the balls to drop it......and a decent felling cut for a change hey Daniel,:sneaky2:

As for the Highway behind, No you would not of got away with it In England, and we would of had To of had an electric shutdown,

i Think most don't realise that the is not much HS in america but at least they have one thing we don't anymore..................common sence,

PPE..............No comment !!!!!!!!!

good video never the less.....:thumbup:

Edited by Adam Bourne
spelling

Well I can't see any problem here. Haven't we all used trucks to tension pull line? I have, still do and will carry on doing so where practicable. Sometimes a winch isn't fast enough. As for clothing I'd love to be able to cut in jeans again just like the old days but have been saved once from a nasty accident. Anyway it's the USA...different work culture so don't knock it.

Don't usually watch videos, I keep an eye on yours as they seem to cause such controversy, one question, I have noticed that you always use a truck for pulling power.

This is quite brutal and difficult to judge, possibly leading to snapped ropes and other

possible cock ups. Would you find a winch safer and more controllable? just a thought.

Actually I AM quite reluctant to use that truck to pull a tree.. I usually use a skid steer loader, which is incapable of breaking these ropes when it is on grass...

In this case I was using the truck more as a ground anchor than a pulling machine. We could have set up a MA system and tightened that line up by hand for the same effect..

And the reason I set the second line up which, was tensioned by hand, was for the exact reason that the truck can break a line. I was actually surprised at how little force it took to get the tree to stand up as far as it did. So there was nearly no chance of the truck breaking the line, BUT because it was theoretically possible, the second line was set by hand as a back up.

Edited by dadio
redundancy

Why is it everytime I see a Dadio video I expect to see some vitreolic abuse directed his way over various things. Sure, pick apart the health and safety if needs be but does it have to get so personal? As for the chainsaw trousers; when I worked in Oz they weren't required for a climber and when I first started out in the UK many moons ago they weren't standard PPE either. Different strokes for different folks. Many on here have moaned about the nanny state mentality and lack of ability to use common sense in this day and age. If Dadio slices his leg off that's his problem and he's too blame.

I hope Dadio keeps posting his videos as at least they show how someone else carries out tree work and it encourages discussion on the topic and I also hope that some people can manage to keep some of the personal stuff in check for once.

Actually I AM quite reluctant to use that truck to pull a tree.. I usually use a skid steer loader, which is incapable of breaking these ropes when it is on grass...

In this case I was using the truck more as a ground anchor than a pulling machine. We could have set up a MA system and tightened that line up by hand for the same effect..

And the reason I set the second line up which, was tensioned by hand, was for the exact reason that the truck can break a line. I was actually surprised at how little force it took to get the tree to stand up as far as it did. So there was nearly no chance of the truck breaking the line, BUT because it was theoretically possible, the second line was set by hand as a back up.

Ok understand now; thanks.