What's on your bench today?

spudulike

:001_tt2:

Mates Husky 36. Broken brake band.replacement band alone.£11. Non oem complete clutch side cover £18 - well says its for 136.anybody know if it will fit a 36?.what do you do.go for the whole thing then just bolt on-zero fiddling or just the band and hope the other components are ok when it comes to fitting.

If it's just the band that need replacing then replace it.

Should of had a look at the other components before ordering the band just to be sure. Lesson learnt.

Another busy weekend, MS200T, big airleak, tracked it back to a broken lug and hole worn in the side of the crankcase. Degreased it and filled it with JB weld, replaced seals and impulse line, loads of holes stripped of their threads, two punctured holes in the oil tank where overly long bolts had been used.

Cut small bits of thread with a cut out and screwwed them in with loctite and fitted shorter bolts - oil tank now sealed and 100% pressure and vacuum tested.

254XP in for porting - spent late afternoon blowing bubbles at me so fitted a new seal an all good with the airleak it had:lol::thumbup:

This seal would have gone in time and probably seized the engine - I guess it is why I get so busy on repairs - jobs done right and right first time:thumbup:

DSCF1513.jpg.0cf7c4288b6e92cd1a5a92e6fbed1d61.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg.c225c3a4494d6a4dcd521e50e21aacce.jpg

DSCF1511.jpg.14f1b8918803a97985a10fb47ca23265.jpg

DSCF1510.jpg.410e71c092c425d8d9afb89380c6c2ae.jpg

So it was like this, I am doing up an early 066 as a project saw, I have been re-spraying parts because they are tired looking - I never usually bother but the paint was pretty bad and am doing it properly - no B&Q emulsion here:001_rolleyes:

Just dried the last coat off overnight, and the wife had said she was going to be late back....I think, Great, the crankcases - an hour in the oven will harden it off luverly:lol:

Fork....she comes home an hour early "whats that smell"......"what the feck is that in my oven".....you can get your own bloody meal":blushing:

Whooooppppssssss:thumbdown::lol:

I think it has gone unmentioned for 24 hours, no divorce yet:001_huh::biggrin:

So it was like this, I am doing up an early 066 as a project saw, I have been re-spraying parts because they are tired looking - I never usually bother but the paint was pretty bad and am doing it properly - no B&Q emulsion here:001_rolleyes:

Just dried the last coat off overnight, and the wife had said she was going to be late back....I think, Great, the crankcases - an hour in the oven will harden it off luverly:lol:

Fork....she comes home an hour early "whats that smell"......"what the feck is that in my oven".....you can get your own bloody meal":blushing:

Whooooppppssssss:thumbdown::lol:

I think it has gone unmentioned for 24 hours, no divorce yet:001_huh::biggrin:

pmsl.................. wonder how much this will cost you ?