What's on your bench today?

spudulike

So tonight im currently looking at the stihl 009 for future sale

[ATTACH]128390[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]128391[/ATTACH]

Thats a clean looking saw, my first saw was a 009, got a reasonable amount of torque and reckon it will make a good wood burner logging saw or for carving.

[ATTACH]128393[/ATTACH]

Pic isn't very good, plug looks black Tbf, and you can't see the white on the plug tip

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I diagnose a poor camera, get a better one:001_tt2:

Looks black and rich to me.....from what I can see!

Thats a clean looking saw, my first saw was a 009, got a reasonable amount of torque and reckon it will make a good wood burner logging saw or for carving.

Aye its been looked after so thought id test it an give it a clean before sale bud

I diagnose a poor camera, get a better one:001_tt2:

Looks black and rich to me.....from what I can see!

Yes, I did say that, it's actually brown, if slightly rich, but the tip of the central pin has a little halo around the edge

Yes, I did say that, it's actually brown, if slightly rich, but the tip of the central pin has a little halo around the edge

If the central electrode is tan brown and the earth electrode is the same then all is OK with the carb setting!

HI I'm a newby I am looking for a new pot for a Stihl 011av, the earlier type that only has two fixing holes, and one ring on the piston. Any ideas where I can find this?

Cheers.

Alf

Several on ebay.com don't know if they are the right ones though.

Are you sure the old one can't be saved?

And that is where my tip lays - had one of these some time ago and it just wouldn't start but would with the fuel cap loose - had the same thoughts as you and found a novel way round it.

See how you get on and I will point you in the right direction if it does the same as the one I had!

running a treat - just on the margins of too much vacuum created I'd say - I found the vent - through a screw holding the AV mount in. If i cut a slit up one side of the screw do you think it would still hold? cheers

ALSO - way too much oil seems to be running straight down the bar to the base of the saw - haven't adjusted the pump yet - apparently its a screw to open or shut - any fix / solution / tip appreciated.

cheers spud and folks