What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Can you fit a decomp button to a 298xp

That would be damn nice - got one myself and thought it was seized when I tried to pull it over and I am a reasonably big fella.

I think I have read that you can drill and fit one but don't know for sure, you would need a decent bit of land on the cylinder wall and that may be the main issue - you try it and let me know if it works:thumbup:

Quiet weekend, tached up the MS200T and 046 I repaired earlier in the week and did a bit of cutting with them, all was well.

Fixed a couple of 100year old clocks, one going slow and the other stopping, both all OK, bit of plastering and then thought I would give my 181SE a good going over as on the "Boys day out" it was pretty boggy.

Found the tank breather was plugged and that was the route cause but you know how it is, one thing leads to another and a mild porting job was on the cards - dropped the base gasket, compression up to 165psi and now fourstrokes heavily at 12,500 which was the saws maximum revs. Tached a little over 12,500 but really need some big wood to test it on and get the thing just right.

Not my usual size saw, only purchased it to see what a big saw was like but the thing is in great condition with the machining marks still on the piston.

Piston.JPG.4e2a9dccbd7dd17df3822ad9da8b3637.JPG

59766070435a8_Inletportafter.JPG.bf974cfd970e33bd3517350f6ab203d1.JPG

597660703d277_Inletportbefore.JPG.bde8ab1a130a484cae46fb142fc6da72.JPG

5976607038009_Exhaustportafter.JPG.2adc9d2c3ea00ad5a71814aa4903bfb4.JPG

59766070325fc_Exhaustportbefore.JPG.296e62fe7c0302e38c6618e10fb711a1.JPG

Quiet weekend, tached up the MS200T and 046 I repaired earlier in the week and did a bit of cutting with them, all was well.

Fixed a couple of 100year old clocks, one going slow and the other stopping, both all OK, bit of plastering and then thought I would give my 181SE a good going over as on the "Boys day out" it was pretty boggy.

Found the tank breather was plugged and that was the route cause but you know how it is, one thing leads to another and a mild porting job was on the cards - dropped the base gasket, compression up to 165psi and now fourstrokes heavily at 12,500 which was the saws maximum revs. Tached a little over 12,500 but really need some big wood to test it on and get the thing just right.

Not my usual size saw, only purchased it to see what a big saw was like but the thing is in great condition with the machining marks still on the piston.

Be interesting to see how much difference the porting makes on it - Might be up for it on mine too :001_smile:

Be interesting to see how much difference the porting makes on it - Might be up for it on mine too :001_smile:

Shame you are so far up north, you are more than welcome to use it at the next Boys day out to see what you think.

Cut a lump of Oak and it was thumping like a good one, needs a bit of a fine tune on the top end but has more go than before - it backfires on starting sometimes - scares the bejesus out of you when it does it:lol:

Don't get the chance to use a saw this big ever - bit overkill for my firewood!