What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Broken 372 chain brake.

[ATTACH]178217[/ATTACH]

Well that's an interesting one, from the splined part of the dowel, the depth of land looks good, possible to fit a dowel with a threaded oversize base. If that doesn't work, putting a bush or threaded insert in is another option.

Last idea is to create a longer dowel, braze it t a backplate and then push it through from the back and epoxy it from the back and pin/screw it in place.

Would need to look at it and go from there...it looks like it takes some load so needs strength!

Just been sent these photos from a mate. His husky 440e wouldn't start for some reason - Any comment :)

I will go and get it on Saturdayoxidisation. Looking at the second photo, the plating has been torn off the barrel and have never seen this sort of damage before. It isn

The piston would probably be OK as the ring looks to be free and the damage light but the cylinder is junk:thumbdown: No way of repair there!

Interesting it is on the inlet side where the majority fail on the exhaust side - ingress off water is my only suggestion!

Edited by spudulike

Lol I reckon but going to replace everything else 👍[ATTACH]178042[/ATTACH]

They two dark lines above the exhaust port in the picture are not for move what grade of wet and dry paper can I use? I've only got 1200 just now :blushing:

I looked at the piston first and thought the pitted surface may be some sort of water damage/oxidisation. Looking at the second photo, the plating has been torn off the barrel and have never seen this sort of damage before. It isn't normal wear and tear, was the saw layed up for a bit?

The piston would probably be OK as the ring looks to be free and the damage light but the cylinder is junk:thumbdown: No way of repair there!

Interesting it is on the inlet side where the majority fail on the exhaust side - ingress off water is my only suggestion!

No lay up of the saw it has been in weekly use.

Only problem that he mentioned was that he used someone else's fuel mix when working on a felling day and that his saw has been running rough & difficult to start since then