What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Jonserd 2040 that free and was going to repair was is not worth looking at as the screw that holds the choke plate on in the carb has come out and gone through the engine and would need to much money as its missing other bits too

and a chain splitter on the kitchen table splitting chains to make up later

For TKO [ATTACH]174853[/ATTACH][ATTACH]174854[/ATTACH]

Mistakingly I put the bearings in with a package for spud but the cranks all there genuine and unused.

I did wonder what the feck they were - just used the small end to measure the squish......or distinct lack of it with the base gasket missing - just calculating the machining for next weekend!:thumbup:

I did wonder what the feck they were - just used the small end to measure the squish......or distinct lack of it with the base gasket missing - just calculating the machining for next weekend!:thumbup:

There should be a genuine husky small end in the husky bag with them , for some reason there was one none genuine and one used i hopefully didn't put in there .

Can't wait to see the results Steve 👍

Had an MS200 in for porting and a full service. It was a customers eBay purchase and pretty reflective of that sort of deal. The sprocket was shagged, front top AV worn, Clutch springs bad, kill wire damaged etc.

I checked the compression and could hear air escaping and a lowly 80psi. I stripped the saw and was more than surprised when I saw the piston was in good shape.

I put my thumb over the plug hole and turned it over and it had nice compression so put the plug back in and noticed it was kicked over.....cross threaded:thumbdown:A lot of air was escaping around the plug - so much for the saw having the stated "carb issue" - the carb was in fact a relatively new addition and 100%:thumbup:

So....I reamed the hole out - getting it 100% square is imperitive. The hole was tapped (note the spirit level)- I ground the insert down to the correct length - these are copper plated stainless so damn solid. I then inserted it with a bit of locktite 270.

This repair will be a damn site more solid that the original and will be almost impossible to cross thread. There is zero chance of this insert ever coming out again as the tap is a special one giving a final interference fit and the locktite compound has a very high heat rating and is for permanent fixtures....one cylinder saved:thumbup:

The saw is running again and sounds sweet - most would have written it off but it should give some good service now and be faster than ever....compression 190psi+:thumbup:

Finished.jpg.dde5a859a98cdd5218fd421a534667a7.jpg

Insert.jpg.432db67b0d5439fb9ec9f4c290e18d85.jpg

59766c30cdceb_ThreadCut.jpg.6d9b151932d24d250883f69d6a39b0f4.jpg

Tap.jpg.fb019b1be4e01653e514773239033314.jpg

Ream2.jpg.4e557d9b32c8e4ed059cceac89a29ebd.jpg

59766c30c92b7_StrippedThread.jpg.7787754f29d55c8ef19bdc7c1ddec2f7.jpg