What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Just been trying to find out why the body of my 441 moves too much when pressure is on the bar.

Checked AV's which don't seem too bad and then noticed this.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1359916557.203369.jpg.522dc695a439cd75b1561edca14171eb.jpg

Looks like part of the plastic missing (extends from the rear handle section) and a chunk missing from the metal on the saw body.

Anything you can do Spud?

Just been trying to find out why the body of my 441 moves too much when pressure is on the bar.

[ATTACH]113028[/ATTACH]

Looks like part of the plastic missing (extends from the rear handle section) and a chunk missing from the metal on the saw body.

Possibly, It looks as though there should be a plastic protrusion that goes in to a rubber buffer in the cavity under the oil tank. It is possible to do some reconstructive work or just source and fit a new handle!

Did this once on an MS880: -

P1030726.jpg.2c2340c5bf644a51f5c34394431f0acc.jpg

P1030724.jpg.fa23f8755b7534eac39548d10b7b6e07.jpg

Yes, did wonder if there should be a rubber bung but didn't get time to look in the parts manual.

Wonder how it could have come out (if it was ever in there) as I've never had that section apart and theres not much room for it to slip out.

I'll get it over to you some time to see what you think should be done.

Cheers,

Ed

Yes, did wonder if there should be a rubber bung but didn't get time to look in the parts manual.

Wonder how it could have come out (if it was ever in there) as I've never had that section apart and theres not much room for it to slip out.

Cheers,

Ed

No Worries Ed, when you are ready:thumbup:

With the murmerings of another boys day out sawfest, thought I had better sort out my 181SE, at the last one, it lost power and revs after a bit of cutting.

I had found the breather was blocked which helped a little, I popped off the carb and bingo, the L speed venturi jets were gummed up, gave it a soak in the ultrasonic cleaner and they opened up fine.

Also popped off the cylinder to open up the transfers, something I hadn't done when I pulled and ported it a few months back.

Cylinder is now back on and the carb wil be tomorrow night:thumbup:

Will test it out next weekend!

[ATTACH]113028[/ATTACH]

HI WOLF we have some gone on ours too mate on the right of handle night when you like to use it jon :thumbup:

whats on my bench today ? ORGANIZATION !!!:thumbup: also had a go porting my old 064 cylinder any constructive criticism ?

Impressed with your first effort lakey. Am wondering what exactly that hanging drill is above your bench with flexi drive - is that what you used? how did you get on? be very interested in the precise detail of your porting tools/attachments.

Think I'm gonna start with a strimmer! Don't want to risk a saw.

cheers

Cheers,

Ed

The same thing happened to me this week! but on mine its not the plastic rod thats broke off, its the cast casing has broken a peice out and allowed the hard foam bung to come out- causing the same issue.

Ive got a new foam bung, but need to find a way to replace the broken peice.

maybe epoxy resin will do, soon find out.:001_smile:

The same thing happened to me this week! but on mine its not the plastic rod thats broke off, its the cast casing has broken a peice out and allowed the hard foam bung to come out- causing the same issue.

Ive got a new foam bung, but need to find a way to replace the broken peice.

maybe epoxy resin will do, soon find out.:001_smile:

Take a piece of aluminium, form it to shape and then attach it with JB weld and two self tappers - should do the job!

Working on the trx350 from earlier on.

Ordered another starter for it from a Honda cbr400. Very close match to this one exept the rear bolt mounts are wider apart on a bit more off set, so changed to outer casings around and moved a few spacers and it fitted perfectly.

image.jpg.2f2206b1911bb55daf5dbbb36965c3e1.jpg