What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Right so the missus has gone out so thought i would take over the kitchen floor (dont have a bench yet). tried to get the clutch off the 076 by finding compression attaching a combi spanner and hitting with a mallet hmmmm didnt work so well as probably not been off for a while, next i tried to stop the piston with an old peice of prussik cord (dont like the plastic ones.....cough cough) which didnt seem to work to well either, so finally i tried a crap stihl plastic turd, sorry i mean piston stop ah this feels better.......snap. so i now have a piece of piston stop in the cylinder and cant shake it out so next stop i was thinking of removing the exhaust. i have taken the cover off and can see one major screw and thats about it but thought would come on here for some advice before i carry on and make more mess before the future wife gets home. thanks for the reading my long ass post

Looks like there is 4 holding it on. One on the side of the cylinder. One on the top looking down from exhaust and two around the exhaust port/gasket.

You do know the clutch is left hand thread right? That's righty loosy lefty tighter for the simple folk :lol:

Thanks for the message rich and i was turning it the correct way, now back to the kitchen floor to see what i can do

Ok. Try taping the socket with a mallet when trying to undo it. The pull cord method has worked every time for me in the past. It does tend to go at times and I end up with bruised knuckles after punching the bench. :lol::lol:

Right so the missus has gone out so thought i would take over the kitchen floor (dont have a bench yet). tried to get the clutch off the 076 by finding compression attaching a combi spanner and hitting with a mallet hmmmm didnt work so well as probably not been off for a while, next i tried to stop the piston with an old peice of prussik cord (dont like the plastic ones.....cough cough) which didnt seem to work to well either, so finally i tried a crap stihl plastic turd, sorry i mean piston stop ah this feels better.......snap. so i now have a piece of piston stop in the cylinder and cant shake it out so next stop i was thinking of removing the exhaust. i have taken the cover off and can see one major screw and thats about it but thought would come on here for some advice before i carry on and make more mess before the future wife gets home. thanks for the reading my long ass post

When you have undone all the bolts, the exhaust may need a clout with a mallet to break the seal on the gasket.

The spark plug hole is at the top of the combustion chamber so a screw in piston stop would work. Rope usually works on stubborn ones and as Rich says, it is clockwise to loosen!

What compression gauge is it, some are meant for cars and they wont read right on small engines! It is all down to the valve in the tip.

It did only cost tenner off eBay I said for cars and fuel pump and if Schrader valve is like a bike innertube then that is what it is don't tell me I bought one that won't work :thumbdown: