What's on your bench today?

spudulike

i only know what i learn from forums and the internet but best way to learn is to do :thumbup1: i will admit i did dive right in but little at a time checking all the way and there are no gaps that i can see but as i said first time :biggrin:

You need a 2mm overlap of skirt to port otherwise you will get leakage that may cause issues.

The 064 with its standard piston doesn't allow for much widening of the port - just my take on the saw:thumbup1:

Oh - Bevel those new edges otherwise you will snag a ring!!!

Cheers rich would not have thought of that also the opening on the muffler ? Spud if I have made a booboo the meteor piston you recommend dosent have the notches out of the skirt so would make good if I have made a mistake ?

Thanks again for your input guys

Yes sorry muffler aswell. It's easy to do the gasket on the cylinder and then transfer the gasket to the muffler and copy it that way.

I'm just thinking a out loud hear but I don't think the scallops have been taken out by spud. I could be wrong.

Think it was a warning to look out for these and remember them when measuring and marking the piston.

No the scallops are there originally what I ment was if I have widened the port more than I should have the new piston will not have scallops so I should be ok if I made it to wide for the stock piston skirt ?

Possibly. Dependant on how much you took out of it. If in doubt leave more. With porting and I'm not that much of an expert but you will discover that less is more. Even a little bit removed will have a big impact.

Work it out bit at a time until you are happy. Even if it means taking the saw apart doing a it then testing the saw out. It's easy to keep removing bits than taking too much in one go.

Cheers rich would not have thought of that also the opening on the muffler ? Spud if I have made a booboo the meteor piston you recommend dosent have the notches out of the skirt so would make good if I have made a mistake ?

Thanks again for your input guys

The meteor piston is about the same width of skirt all the way up and I believe, will seal the piston if you have used the lower skirt of the standard piston as your guide.

It is all easy until you get in to the detail:blushing::lol: