What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I soak them in gunk degreaser in the parts washer then put them through the dishwasher and then polish to get a shine with WD40. One of the best thing i ever bought is a VAX hand held steam cleaner, its brilliant for removing stubborn dirt in hard to get places and works brilliantly for removing dirt that has ingressed into the scuffs and scratched on the plastics.

Vax should give you a spot on the shopping channel! I'm sold lol

Well, it's not on the bench as it's too long to fit, but the Teles DW4 lives!

Finally got round to sorting the timing out on the engine and it fired up second pull. If anyone thinks an MS880 is big and loud, try a 250cc engine with no silencer. Fortunately I have no neighbours, as I've literally just come in from starting it.

Now just need to sort out a few bits and pieces, bolt it back together and it's ready to roll.

Alec

photo.jpg.bddf9a721839054c70f4736af847c4db.jpg

Yep. Built in 1948, swivelling bar (pre-dates carbs that would work in any orientation) and a 3/4" pitch chain, which is the one bit that's got me stumped at the moment as a link has snapped and I need to replace it.

I just liked it.....!

Alec

Yep. Built in 1948, swivelling bar (pre-dates carbs that would work in any orientation) and a 3/4" pitch chain, which is the one bit that's got me stumped at the moment as a link has snapped and I need to replace it.

I just liked it.....!

Alec

Thats a bit of a beast, ever thought turning your shed in to a museum and avoiding council tax:thumbup:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't fix a tiny hole in an air filter (the fine mesh part, Husky 254) by applying a tiny blob of epoxy resin?

Do people fix holes/rips in air filters, or is it verboten?

A new filter for my saw is £20 plus...

Is there any reason why I shouldn't fix a tiny hole in an air filter (the fine mesh part, Husky 254) by applying a tiny blob of epoxy resin?

Do people fix holes/rips in air filters, or is it verboten?

A new filter for my saw is £20 plus...

Sounds reasonable to me and as long as it fills up the hole, sounds like a reasonable solution. If I am servicing a saw, I would offer a new one but on your own machine for a cheap fix:thumbup: