What's on your bench today?

spudulike

My question is why on earth did you bother repairing the 170 when you had a perfectly good 260?????

A meteor piston is only 26 quid off the bay......

Forgot to say the engine case was split next to the spark plug so was decided that we should strip it for parts. The MS170 chain brake works fine now after we removed a small (<5mm) of the plastic engine cover where it was rubbing. It now works as it should.

A question - managed to squeeze the nose today, (on the saw before some bright spark makes a comment on nose blowing). Anyway, the nose sprocket got jammed. A while later, I got it unjammed by a wee bit of prying with scrench; appears to run ok now and sprocket turns freely. Oh, it's a Husky branded bar and apart from that there isn't any other issues with it.

Question is: Should I go with it and or order a new bar? Don't want to get a new bar if it's ok.

A question - managed to squeeze the nose today, (on the saw before some bright spark makes a comment on nose blowing). Anyway, the nose sprocket got jammed. A while later, I got it unjammed by a wee bit of prying with scrench; appears to run ok now and sprocket turns freely. Oh, it's a Husky branded bar and apart from that there isn't any other issues with it.

Question is: Should I go with it and or order a new bar? Don't want to get a new bar if it's ok.

They clog up all the time, the best way to clear them is drag the sprocket (no chain) across a block of wood. You shouldn't need to replace the bar unless there is a fair bit of side play with the sprocket

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Five beaten up and robbed 020`s , some need carbs , one needs a new piston. I will just have to work my way through them, I hate putting stuff together others have butchered. I found these chucked under the bench:thumbdown:

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=147877&stc=1&d=1391631943

5976680a5805e_020005.jpg.ab30f41926ac568f7f09a227a8c9f120.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

064 was in today. Hadn't been run in a good few years. Piston was all good, comp was good. A quick check and clean of the carb. Filled with fuel, but the throttle won't stay half open when the choke is applied like saws normally do!

And the choke isn't closing all the way. Had a look at the linkages and they are all there and moving properly. Just seems like there is something missing to hold the throttle open when going for full choke. Also no half choke either. So going to check the manuals.

Oh and coil looked nearly new but no spark, so changed for one from a 026 and works a treat, the coil didn't look like it belonged to the saw. Will check the numbers.

Work started on the hillux tipper conversion this afternoon aswell. God I love my new workshop.