anyone having problems with the new 560xp

Stu

Mine was a pain to start and not cutting well so I took it back - no fuel filter! The dope who stuck it on in the factory tore the pipe and it was just loose in there, I didn't think I'd have to check this stuff out on a brand new pro saw.

Fixed that and now the same problem as you lot: not starting warm. The dealer said Husqvarna thinks it may have something to do with bad petrol. It has been out in Sweden for a year with no probs but in the UK and Germany it does all this. Their advice was to use premium fuel from a good garage, not cheapo supermarket stuff like I was using because it is such a high performance machine operating at much higher temperatures than their previous saws. I'll try out this theory but I'm not convinced as my mate also has one and uses the same petrol with no problems. Might have to take it back if all else fails.

Anyway it does seem to cut better on a 3/8ths setup!

You might want to ask your dealer just how many refineries there are in the UK and where he thinks supermarket petrol comes from?

cheers

mac

Mine was a pain to start and not cutting well so I took it back - no fuel filter! The dope who stuck it on in the factory tore the pipe and it was just loose in there, I didn't think I'd have to check this stuff out on a brand new pro saw.

Fixed that and now the same problem as you lot: not starting warm. The dealer said Husqvarna thinks it may have something to do with bad petrol. It has been out in Sweden for a year with no probs but in the UK and Germany it does all this. Their advice was to use premium fuel from a good garage, not cheapo supermarket stuff like I was using because it is such a high performance machine operating at much higher temperatures than their previous saws. I'll try out this theory but I'm not convinced as my mate also has one and uses the same petrol with no problems. Might have to take it back if all else fails.

Anyway it does seem to cut better on a 3/8ths setup!

You might want to ask your dealer just how many refineries there are in the UK and where he thinks supermarket petrol comes from?

cheers

mac

If the saw has a high compression then a higher knock-resistant fuel is appropriate.

Lets lay the supermarket fuel rumour to rest right now:

1) Supermarkets do indeed buy their fuel from the likes of Exon, BP, Shell, Texaco etc.

2) The big players above most definately do NOT give their own forecourt product to the supermarkets.

3) Understand this; these refineries produce a whole array of products and their motor fuel destined for sale under their own name IS NOT the same as the gasoline products they market to the likes of Tesco, Sailnsburys, Morrisons, Asda etc.

I spent long enough in the oil and gas business to know this is FACT not FICTION.

If you want the best fuels, they end with "o" and don't include Tesco!!!

Have held off sending mine back til I had given it more of a chance to settle down. Hot start has improved (probably cos the weathers getting cooler and it needs choke to start after a brew!).

Still doing its cutting out thing when at full revs and working hard.

Looks like its going to have to go back!

If the saw has a high compression then a higher knock-resistant fuel is appropriate.

1) Supermarkets do indeed buy their fuel from the likes of Exon, BP, Shell, Texaco etc.

2) The big players above most definately do NOT give their own forecourt product to the supermarkets.

3) Understand this; these refineries produce a whole array of products and their motor fuel destined for sale under their own name IS NOT the same as the gasoline products they market to the likes of Tesco, Sailnsburys, Morrisons, Asda etc.

I spent long enough in the oil and gas business to know this is FACT not FICTION.

No arguments with the first sentence - for the rest of it perhaps you would explain with the benefit of your experience in exactly what way the "premium" brands differ from the others?

It is my understanding that all of the oil companies have arrangements to supply each other with fuel in those locations where they do not have a refinery or storage.

As the main refineries are at the following locations -

Scotland (Grangemouth) - BP

South West England (Fawley) - Esso

South East England (Coryton) - BP

Wales (Pembroke) - Texaco

Wales (Milford Haven) - Elf/Murco

North West England (Stanlow) - Shell

Humberside (Killinghome) - Conoco

North East England (Cleveland) - Petroplus

(some of the operators may have changed since that list was published in 2005)

if you are in one of these areas, you can be fairly certain that whatever petrol or diesel that you buy (branded or supermarket), it will have come from the closest refinery. I certainly do not believe that Esso branded petrol in Scotland has been hauled from Fawley for example.

It is worth pointing out that all fuel is produced and sold to established standards. There may well be minor differences in after-production additives injected into a specific tanker load but for sure the fuel will be at the octane rating advertised.

Cheers

mac

You got it wrong mate, if you want the best fuel for your saws it stars with A and ends with N. :biggrin:

Guest Aaron Berg

Husqvarna are recalling all the saws having problems. They'll check them out in Sweden and replace them with good'ns. Apparently only a couple of batches were affected but on the whole they're working fine. Let's just hope the next ones work properly!