need to vent my anger on here

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the stumpgrinder idea but best to try personal visit route, polite calm and businesslike.

angry scenes and big gestures may cost you other work elsewhere. the type of person who will not pay their bills will think nothing of spreading lies to justify themselves and damage your reputation.

slow payers are a fact of life,unfortunately. 6 months is not at all unusual in ireland. i find monthly statements,polite phone reminders,and personal visits wears them down in the end.

as a professional and and a business person,how you present yourself and behave in difficult situations can be the diffirence between success and failure.

Yeah i think old school when it comes to these type oof issues.

All this legal stuff takes time and costs money to busy trying to earn a living than chase up payments with endless letters...but won't let feckers walk over me by just letting it go.

I'll go in one more time and ask them nicely for cheque...if they don't pay i'll tip!

Martyn If you do tip it could backlash on you a fine for illegal dumping would just add insult to financial injury.

I know its hard to not get anoyed when folk fail to pay but be proffesional and do things the right way its them in the wrong not you.

You can fill out a small claims application "on line" include interest for delayed payment and claim fees. A trading company cannot afford a CCJ against them it wont be cleared until the payment to you is settled in full so the option for them to pay you off a pound a week is not viable to clear the CCJ they will have to pay in full.

Also for any of you trading it is well worth drafting up some terms and conditions of contract acceptance of your quote proves acceptance of your terms.

Terms should include payment time interest due for late payments ownership of stock (trees planted etc) having been ripped off for £15,000 in the 90's by a big firm I had a hard lesson and would advise anyone trading to learn from my mistake.

Good luck Martyn but keep your cool and do things the right way your then totally blameless and can stand up and slack these arse*o$es off knowing you were totally in the right.

Don't tip the waste, it'll create all sorts of problems and will make it harder for you to get paid in the long term.

Visit them with a copy of the invoice in hand and suggest that you will leave once you have a cheque in your hand. Try and be sugary sweet and polite in the office. Its unlikely to be the office staff's fault that the invoice hasn't been paid, so there is no point sounding off at them, and the person who writes the cheques is more likely to cooperate if you smile and ask firmly but nicely.

I'm not sure if you do this or not, but on future quotes and invoices you should offer a cheaper price for cleared payment within 7 days of job completion. You should then have a price which covers payment between say 7 and 30 days and then after 30 days, you can charge interest on a daily basis. Be clear about this on the quote and on the invoice and you should be paid quicker in the future.

Good luck.