Absolutely spitting feathers

Dean Lofthouse

As a lot of you know my yard is 4 acres of Woodland. Which is bounded on one side by a small stream and the other by a road.

I have around 300 mature Tree on site which I check fairly often.

I went down today to find two trees on my boundary laid over into the neighbouring landowners field, complete with chainswaw cuts.

It turns out my multi millionaire neighbour decided to fell these trees for firewood because he is too tight to pay £100 a load for split firewood. This neighbour rides rough shod over anyone.

He said he thought the wire fence was the boundary and not the stream. I told him wire fences are to keep cows in not to mark boundaries and seen as how he used to own the wood he should know where the boundary was.

He has felled a 120 foot poplar, which turned out to be hollow, no external signs and 70ft Sycamore.

I was absolutely spitting feathers talking to him and have told him I'm quite within my rights to prosecute. I have enough on my plate at the mo without extra hassle so have decided to go down tomorrow while they are cutting it up and make them give everything back and stack it on my side of the river.

...and to top it all the lad who cut the trees didn't have a clue and was lucky he wasn't killed, you judge for yourself be the photos, I have put an 11ft scaffold board at the side of the barber chair to show scale. The DBH of the Poplar was 30" and it had a heavy lean as poplars do.

You can clearly see the tree is well on my side of the river

5976538747e25_FunDay016.jpg.1250285012abfe1b27b891407e63b28f.jpg

59765387451b1_FunDay018.jpg.2ec5ba7a6633d9e2d28b9179fd03ad14.jpg

59765387428ee_FunDay022.jpg.977f431692110bd248e7d3ac03992669.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out my multi millionaire neighbour decided to fell these trees for firewood because he is too tight to pay £100 a load for split firewood. This neighbour rides rough shod over anyone.

IMO Unfortunately that is too often the way when people have money. That is possibley why they are in that financial position in the first place... :thumbdown:

As they are woking on a commercial site- i.e. your woodland make sure they provide the required documents, insurance etc or make them engage a contractor to do the works. make sure they provide the required paperwork too. Hit them in the wallet, plus they have already proved themselves incompetant to carry out the work.

If they refuse just call the police :)

The cheeky git !

I bet the boundry would have changed back quickly enough if the lad cutting the tree had been injured by the barbers chair.

I was just bout to write the exact same thing!!! Its normally the same when someone has money and thinks they own everything!!!!:mad1: