Crane Dismantle Cost

CTS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put more pics up if you do it mate, and good luck with the job.

Wait for the comments about how it doesn't need a crane, I'd have it down in a morning cut and chuck etc.!

Ha ha yeah. It's hard to it all but it's right by a main road and a significant construction line for Edinburgh(controversial Edinburgh transport) Intact we would be using part of the construction line for the processing. It also has a worrying split in the main fork but I did have the thought of tying this off with bracing lines then rigging the tree down. Just felt a crane dismantle would be safer and save time as the construction company may charge more to our council for delays, then I'm left footing the bill for years to come in my council tax ha ha. 52848b0f-931f-688c.jpg

Hi there. We've done loads of crane jobs and it's a brilliant way to work but bear in mind if your in the tree slinging the branches you need to prove your a competent slinger with qualifications. Sorry to be blunt but as you have not done one before, have you ever seen any body take a tree down with a crane? If not, don't do it, get someone to do it for you as it's a totally different ball game. I can give you some numbers but what area are you in?

Bro if you can get the quote with a crane then do it! Simples!

End of the day there's always got to be a first time for everything sometime!

Maybe see if you can find an experienced chap who will let you climb with him, basically use it as a lesson!!

An as far as I'm aware there is no crane qual, I may be proves wrong.......

Good luck an be safe!

Dak

the last crane job that we did cost £986 per day for an 80 ton crane - this allowed us to lift up to 1.25 tons 35 meters away from the crane , BUT my honest advice is get someone on who has done a crane job before , there is alot that can go wrong and unless you know how to set the slings up for specific lift situations then there is a real chance it is goging to take you longer and you run the risk of a lift going wrong and trust me Crane drivers are not keen on lifts going wrong at all .

My honest advice is to get a climber in who has carried out cran work before , see how it is done and the methods used . this will save time and could result in you only needing a crane on site for half a day as opposed to a day - this in turn will save you money and sand you a better chance of winning the quote .

I hope this makes sense and i really do not mean to soun harsh and do not intend to put you down BUT crane work is some of the most tricky and dangerous work you will probably ever get to do in this industry .

Cheers

Dave

Yeah but you used the wrong crane company Dave:sneaky2: