shock as wrong trees chopped down in wrong garden

Ross Macneil

I once cut down a really nice blue cedar in the middle of someones lawn, whilst subbing for someone else some years ago.

I commented at the time that it seemed a shame to lose it, but they were adamant it was going.

However, the customer was more adamant that it should have stayed and the scabby Lawson at the other end was the one that should have gone.

They sounded really adamant, but I couldn't hear 'cos i was busy at the other end of the garden with the blower, with my earmuffs down..... :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started as a tree worker for a very large Arb Approved company I was told by my foreman to fell two avenues of Yew trees bordering a driveway, leaving the Hawthorn trees that stood between each Yew.

We had nearly finished, about 40 trees on the deck, when the client arrived with much arm flapping, declaring we had felled the wrong trees and if he was 30yrs younger he would fell us!

Eventually we discovered that the error occurred due to my foreman's severe dyslexia and the fact that he didn't know the Latin name for any trees, not one!:laugh1::lol:

Dashed from the car, called the police, collapsed with the shock. The newspapers know how to make a story sound worse than it really is. And I like the bit that he was still chopping when the police arrived, chopping like an old time lumberjack.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

I hope that the best they could do would be to Sack the person or persons responsible for such an act.

easy-lift guy

such an act!:confused1:

It was a few trees, it was not intentional and the company have held their hands up.

We know very little about the story so to start assuming things is pointless.

I have felled the wrong tree once, i turned up with the boss, in a storm at a hospital with the information being there was a dangerous Beech tree. I get kicked out running with a 046 and told to go fell ' that 1 ' , this was the main ambulance route. So me, thinking i was spiderman/jon bon jovi super hero, felled the big rotten beech:thumbup:

Then a woman comes running out going bonkers saying it was the wrong 1:blushing:

The boss had stopped the traffic with his jeep, and just shouted, well fell the other 1 then, so i did.

The world was less 2 scabby big beech and the hospital was good to go again.:001_smile:

such an act!:confused1:

It was a few trees, it was not intentional and the company have held their hands up.

We know very little about the story so to start assuming things is pointless.

I have felled the wrong tree once, i turned up with the boss, in a storm at a hospital with the information being there was a dangerous Beech tree. I get kicked out running with a 046 and told to go fell ' that 1 ' , this was the main ambulance route. So me, thinking i was spiderman/jon bon jovi super hero, felled the big rotten beech:thumbup:

Then a woman comes running out going bonkers saying it was the wrong 1:blushing:

The boss had stopped the traffic with his jeep, and just shouted, well fell the other 1 then, so i did.

The world was less 2 scabby big beech and the hospital was good to go again.:001_smile:

Hope you got twice the money.

Happy ending for your hospital tree story. He would have been sacked if on my payroll. Gross incompetence is far to expensive to maintain when running a business.

easy-lift guy

Gross incompetence, where would we be if it wasn't for people making the odd mistake it's hard work being perfect 100% of the time.

Sure sacking the man would make a statement it wouldn't put the trees back up so what's the point in that. Live and learn that's what I say the world is full of finger pointers and blame merchants imo.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk