Akward customer... Advice please!

s.mouse

Simon Stewart makes sense,& if they are local arange a meet up on site,be nice,but ask what their issues/reasons for withholding payment are founded on,make sure you have a second person with you,(just to listen).

Get this done & work on it from there.

Sometimes people will try it on,or have issues with the work done,you will know where they stand & they will know you want to be payed and wont walk away with your tail between your legs.

Mostly with bad payers first time round I will try & establish what the problem is,not by bending over backwards but alowing a bit of slack,I never corner anyone unless I realy want to back it up.

The gentle preasure aproach initialy cant lose you anything.

If it realy is gonna hurt you after that & you get no joy then asses your options as others have said in a way that witholds your standards & self respect.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after 3 months firm action is needed.

You can fill in the small claims form. It costs you £30 (ish been a while since I did one). The courts will then contact them with the summons.

They can reply why they did not pay and this is then copied to you.

Or they may pay up.

But you'll be harder pressed to prove anything without any initial paperwork. Do you have any invoices towards the job? Pictures of you doing it? Other witnesses that saw you do it?

What happens if they say you never completed it to satisfaction?

It's the above or put it down to hard experience....

You might want to be carefull with regards to not having a waste carriers liscence, it doesnt matter if you intend to use the "waste" for yourself, if you are transporting waste in exchange for monetery gain then you must have a liscence!!! Not saying I agree with this but as far as I can see thats the law!:confused1:

By all means speak to a lawyer, they usually give you a bit of time for free. For heavens sake don't employ one. 99 times out of a 100 the only winner is the lawyer with their fees.

The concept of courts awarding full costs as well as the original sum is fantasy. It doesn't happen.

£125 is a cheap days training in the journey of life.

As most of the others have said before. Be nice, firm and prepared to let it go.