New defender possibly!

Mark James

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Land Rover should leave the body and redesign the whole chassis/gearbox/axles etc.

Put all the traction control, terrain response, abs, air con, electronic transfer case, electric handbrake that are in my D3 in it. They are all practical solutions which make the work day more comfy.

I owned a defender for 3 years and it was a great truck and did exactly what I expected but the Discovery is a nicer place to sit and generally better for what I want.

In short. I want a TDV8 90 Defender with all the goodies, that does not leak and has loads of sound deadening and some proper seats. Oh, and costs <30k.

I can hope.

HI jonny ref defender and traction and ads and air con on last land rover it went :thumbdown: up mate not good on a 8 weeks old 90 xs and as for a electric handbrake what a joke but if you like going to the land rover dealers all the time get d3/ new land rover :lol: let get back to a 200tdi/300/td5 much better land rover but thats just me all the best jon :thumbup:

That follows - Worrying - I'd heard there was a transmission/clutch problem with the model I have, giving bother if they had to pull heavy loads regularily. :thumbdown:

HI gareth that 90 xs was used for the caravan no trailer light use we had it 8 weeks they had it back now now thinking of getting a twin cab 110 pick up thanks jon :thumbup:

HI jonny ref defender and traction and ads and air con on last land rover it went :thumbdown: up mate not good on a 8 weeks old 90 xs and as for a electric handbrake what a joke but if you like going to the land rover dealers all the time get d3/ new land rover :lol: let get back to a 200tdi/300/td5 much better land rover but thats just me all the best jon :thumbup:

I agree Jon 200/300/td5,good motors,they are what a landy is all about mate.:thumbup1:

From what i've read this is still a concept, not due for production until 2015. Looks as if they have gone for the intial horror story and anything that comes next will be better accepted.

HI dax your right there mate i was talking to land rover last week ref new defender they do not no :lol: or there not telling us just like apple all the best jon :thumbup:

Just shows land rover don’t care about working vehicles anyone, more interested in producing chelsea tractors :thumbdown:

I think whatever the new defender turns out like, it will be a bitter disappointment to most.

Couldn't agree more. I like the Rangeys and the new Disco but it seems that LR are going away from the work horse these days. The new evoque is no Rangey, more just a pose mobile, and if this is what LR are going to throw out as the new model work horse there'll be more people looking at landcruisers etc I reckon.

The only good thing will mean that our older land rovers will be still sort after and hold there money for longer...My td5 disco commercial has cost me £500 in 3 and a half years motoring and that was only compressor and 2 new airbags. mind you ive hit a few trees with it but there is nothing since that they have produced that I would sell it and up grade for