Chainsaws and the law.

Cal_bell

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to drive busses and we were not allowed to let people on with any type of fuel can. So that means anything that could hold petrol etc. If the driver cant see what you have in the bag then you wont get stopped.

I travelled on a train with one, Just had the bar cover on. I was in my ballastics though, and had my helmet hanging off my rucksack. No one took any notice of it.

But agree with the above, take bar+chain off.

In the conditions of carriage for train operting companies your not allowed to convey petrol engines with petrol in the tank (Due to fire risk etc). If the saw was in a bag or case etc I dont think there would be an issue but no fuel.

RockingDad

When I last booked tickets to fly with one of the budget airlines, I chose to read every last word of the (many pages of) terms & conditions. One section covered what could & could not be carried & I was surprised to read that "petrol, in reasonable quantities" could be carried.

But not my deodorant spray; that was confiscated!