APF no MUD

bob

Had a good ime on saturday, although friday nights session slowed my brain to a crawl in the morning.

I love big kit, but got a little fazed out /bored about halfway round the ring.

It was an interesting show for me because I cleared 10 hectare of pine at the bottom end of the site 5 years ago, so it was good to go back, and cleared 6 hectares of birch 2 months ago. I like Cannock chase, and think it makes a good venue.

My best fun this year was wandering around with Skyhuck telling filthy jokes to the AA guys and nicking freebies off the stands. Great fun, it was good to meet you Dave.

Oh, and to those who complain about to much forestry kit and not enough Arb, think on what the show is called - Association of Proffesional Forestors show...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonesie upset the trade for selling his gear too cheap again

QUOTE]

Thats strange, as a punter, mixing with other punters, the criticism I heard was that were very few bargains to be had around the show. On the Thursday, other sellers were slashing prices in direct competition. With a captive market, they all have to cover their costs, but they also wish to clear as much stock as possible. I personally saw some stunning deals on saws, blowers, and so on, bearing in mind costs from a few years back, these items seemed cheaper, all around the ground. Price wars have occurred over the years, and just maybe some of those moaning this time, have been equally guilty of the same in the past.

I even saw Skyhuck in proud possession of a Silky saw,:scared1: surely the man has lost his mind, or has he turned pro:001_tongue:

I'm not saying get rid of arb from the apf i'm just saying apf doesn't need anymore arb stuff. as bored as lot of arb lads were walking around the demo circuit thats how we felt walking past tents full of ropes and more ropes!:001_tongue:

it needs more arb stuff matt, more climbing and more forestry demos of and more carving!!!!!!!!!!!! was very goo tho, if there was no arb stalls there then alot of it would of been empty or maybe another forwarder there in stead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it needs more arb stuff matt, more climbing and more forestry demos of and more carving!!!!!!!!!!!! was very goo tho, if there was no arb stalls there then alot of it would of been empty or maybe another forwarder there in stead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate I diasagree I'll say it til i'm blue in the face its primarily a forestry show. Therefore forestry should be the prime exhibit. I get sick to death of hearing arb guys want more climbing at a forestry show.

You don't get many foresters asking for a forwarder invasion of the AA. We go for saw deals etc we don't go to AA to look at forwarders. Let APF be APF and the AA be the AA. if people arn't carefull both events will be ruined, trying to please everyone!

Apf is primarily for foresters with a bit of Arb and the AA is primarily arb with a tad of forestry seems about right to me or is a case of everyone has to bow down to the mighty climbers?

perhaps also the Arb lot can't actually justify the high pitch cost to demonstrate climbing?

thats not entirely accurate mate

I'm sure your right Steve, I saw one local Tree Surgeon walking away from a Stall with an armfull of saws, blowers and hedgecutters and it weren't Jonsies.

I think Jonsie was 3 quid cheaper than the next competitor on the 200t, but hardly putting the competition out of business.