APF no MUD

bob

Went fri, enjoyed it would have to say been to better ones in the past, i cant put my finger on what was different maybe an atmosphere thing ?? thanks to F R Jones for the discount after i mentioned Arbtalk.

some nice pieces of kit on display though and nice weather so a good day was had by all.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the free bottle mr Collins & Winger!

my manager and a few others, took the pee out of me all day-i saw the timberwolf stand and thought 'i wonder if theyve got that hagguland based chipper still' so i split from the others and go straight to the timberwolf buss to ask, but to the others it looked like i made some pathetic excuse and made a bee-line straight for the TW girl dressed very nicely in a skimpy union jack bikini & hotpants :001_tt1:

thank-you TW

we had a great day out in the sun yesterday. I wasn't to keen on paying from the vehicle, thought it worked better the old way.

Once in the show although it was good I thought the layout of the demo circuit at Ragley in 04 & 06 was better.

As for there not being much climbing well, I'm glad really its a forestry show and thats why I went!! I didn't bother going in any of the arb retailers tents you can do that at the AA every year!. I like Apf for the forestry stuff and don't complain at the aa when there isn't much forestry kit different shows for different things.

on the whole a good day out

cheers for the free bottle mr Collins & Winger!

my manager and a few others, took the pee out of me all day-i saw the timberwolf stand and thought 'i wonder if theyve got that hagguland based chipper still' so i split from the others and go straight to the timberwolf buss to ask, but to the others it looked like i made some pathetic excuse and made a bee-line straight for the TW girl dressed very nicely in a skimpy union jack bikini & hotpants :001_tt1:

thank-you TW

She certainly seemed to be felling the cold when we saw her! but good chance for a kodak moment:blushing:

Personally. without the arb the APF would be a huge paint drying observation exercise. Other than the obvious pulls of the Mountain biking and carving area the circuit was like pulling teeth. I'd be interested to know how many punters are more arb than forestry. I wonder if the show is about selling big forestry kit to just a handful of foresters.

I enjoyed the day, but like many would like to have seen more arb demo's.

I can't see why everyone is so fixated with arb stuff at a forestry show. we spent 5hrs on the demo circuit and less than 1 looking at the arb stuff. They have the AA every year for the arb stuff. personally as someone who doesn't give a dam about climbing I don't wanna see anymore climbing at the apf! likewise I'm not asking the AA to have a load of forwarders and site clearence stuff at the trade fair.

In my mind there are a lot of retailers at the apf catering for the aborist.