Are you insured with NFU mutual Insurance

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have full no claims and have always found NFu very good but they have just put all my vehicles from £400 ea to over £600 :sneaky2:

They just put my PL insurance up from around £400 to £670. I rang the local office and they reduced it to £600 ish, so it's always ringing them

i insure with both trust and NFU , i have found both to be very good to deal with but i would not move my fleet policy to NFU and neither would i insure my mog with trust , i guess its a case of finding out who does what best .

as for insuring plant for the sum of the finance taken out i would give trust a call , but lets be honest are there any insurance firms that will pay out on what you paid for it , for example - a guy pays 12k for a 2001 timberwolf 150 chipper and clearly paid way over the odds is that the insurace firms fault ?? nope !

i

as for insuring plant for the sum of the finance taken out i would give trust a call , but lets be honest are there any insurance firms that will pay out on what you paid for it , for example - a guy pays 12k for a 2001 timberwolf 150 chipper and clearly paid way over the odds is that the insurace firms fault ?? nope !

The machine is under valued, I paid £12.6K it is worth £15K

They would only pay out the invoice amount not it's true value

The machine is under valued, I paid £12.6K it is worth £15K

They would only pay out the invoice amount not it's true value

HI dean if you paid £12.6k thats good for you mate if the market price is £15k thats what they pay out less the vat if your reg it £15k they pay £15k inc vat if not reg thanks mate jon :thumbup:

so do you expect to get more than you paid for it?

I want to insure it for it's "replacement" value.

If it went missing, I would have to pay £15k to get one exactly the same from a dealer. Sadly, there aren't many dealers that would sell me another at "mates rates"

If your next door neighbour won the lottery and let you have his brand spanking top of the range £70K Range Rover for a £100 for tax reasons and invoiced you for said amount, what would insure it for?

If it went missing, I would have to pay £15k to get one exactly the same from a dealer. Sadly, there aren't many dealers that would sell me another at "mates rates"

If your next door neighbour won the lottery and let you have his brand spanking top of the range £70K Range Rover for a £100 for tax reasons and invoiced you for said amount, what would insure it for?

HI dean N F U will give you replacement value for it thats good on you mate if you payed £12.6 for it if you payed £1000 they have to pay you market rates for it or are you under insure can you pm mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Many years ago I had a Rascal pickup, I got it at a bargain price £600 all the others I'd looked at were over £1K.

It got knicked and I made my claim, the insurer (not the NFU) asked how much I had paid for it, I told them that was immaterial and all I wanted was replacement value or even a replacement. I made the same points that you have made Dean, what if it had been a gift?? or what if I had paid far more than it was worth??

They were not happy with this and more or less accused me of fraud and sent round an investigate to interview me.

A while after the interview I rang to see what was going on, they said he had recommend they made further investigations!!

By this stage I was getting very annoyed, I told them to either pay up or involve the Police, two days later I received a cheque, they settled the claim for £1K