London riots!

Frankie Lawrence

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emphasise fully with those affected by the violence of recent days...Just wonder what damage the media has done [over the years] to the state of the nation? its seems to embrace negativity the majority of the time(imo)...is the world really such a dark place that positive news stories have a lesser value? or does the media belive the general population are people obsessed with other peoples misfortunes...The riots are truely horiffic and cant imagine the terror people are facing,surely the the media should act in the nations intrest and promote positive atitudes;perhaps then people would start to live with more humility?

From the BBC feed

1132: BBC reporter at Highbury Magistrates Courttells BBC 5 live the first person who appeared in the dock this morning was a 31-year-old teacher called Alexis Bailey. She pleaded guilty to being part of the looting of the Richer Sounds store in Croydon.

Seems that its not just the yoof in hoodies that like a good loot.

Im livid with this story Its the one thing that drives me to the edge "young people expecting sympathy and an easy life, pleading that they are in an unfair state because they have been raised in a degraded area and for some reason that means there is no chance of employment for them".

This situation needs to be attacked aggressively and instantly as the only reason it has spread and continues to do so is because the police is backing away and not attacking the "kids" as it happens. as a ex soldier I strongly disagree with letting the army deal with this sort of situation. soldiers are trained to go in to a hornets nest deal with the situation in one hit with full aggregation and using full force and then get the hell out asap. this approach would cause huge problems for the police to then deal with. its down to them to sort themselves with the skills they have been taught but arnt being allowed to use.

Lot of people I talk to think that for the Met to allow 3 nights of rioting must have been a deliberate policy to teach the Government a lesson.

Impending cuts, allegations of curruption, allegations of newspaper salesman beaten to death, forthcoming Olympics.

NO NO Mr Cameron, you need to understand that now the Dirty Digger has been "reduced" you must dance to a new master.

Lot of people I talk to think that for the Met to allow 3 nights of rioting must have been a deliberate policy to teach the Government a lesson.

There may be some truth in that.

Why not have say 2/3 in full riot gear and the other third all in trainers and more lightly clothed to do the running and catching. They all charge in together and pick say 6 up at a time.

At least mix it up and try some different tactics, different ideas.

"BBC 5 live the first person who appeared in the dock this morning was a 31-year-old teacher called Alexis Bailey"

And this is the crap that is teaching the children, that's scary

I am very pleased to hear that the Highbury Corner magistrates court has passed the cases charged over to crown court because the crown court can dish out longer sentences.