Waterproof jackets

conkers

Can anybody recommend a lightweight waterproof for climbing. One that actually stays waterproof for more than a day!

Bought one fairly recently, a well known brand to tree climbers and I have proofed it twice. Still not up to the job.

High viz prefered.

Cheers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody recommend a lightweight waterproof for climbing. One that actually stays waterproof for more than a day!

Bought one fairly recently, a well known brand to tree climbers and I have proofed it twice. Still not up to the job.

High viz prefered.

Cheers

HI mate the new stein evo 2 is a good waterproof jacket i do not climber but it good come from justin thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi there for me I had had this problem with so called waterproof jackets for ages in the end I have found a soultion that works a treat keeps me dry all day it's the army gortex jacket and trousers and not expensive in comparison to all the other jackets I payed 40 quid for a top and bottom . Not as light as I would like but it works a treat .

Now I also had this problem with getting soaked when you have to where full hi viz clothing on some jobs . again none of the hi viz stuff keeps the water out for more then a few mins so I went for vikins they are a thick rubber but they really work but you can only where them for a short time as they are hot . I got the bib and brace style trouser and a pull on top they come in bright orange but I did have to cut up some old hi viz t shirts to get the reflective tape off to glue onto the Vikings to make them up to rail speck so then I was aloud to where them . It worked well and I no longer get soaked in hi vis .

All the best

littletree in rainy mid Wales

HI mate the new stein evo 2 is a good waterproof jacket i do not climber but it good come from justin thanks jon :thumbup:

I ca not disagree more Jon, mine has only lasted about 6 months. It now leeks all over, and it is not a good fit for people at the larger end of the spectum.

Its one saving grace is the fleece lined neck, always comfy no matter how wet.

I've just ordered an army surplus goretex for general wearing outside and an ex police waterproof cycling jersey to try out. The gortetex jacket was 20 plus vat and the jersey was 6+. Its hi vis and de-badged but the only thing is that its V neck. Worth a try for 6 quid though.

Ordered from britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk