Lottery winners!

redmoosefaction

Having struggled with this in the past I would set up an academic trust to provide tuition fees for those who can’t afford to go to college.

Financing an internship or two at the AA and ISA would also be a way to put some back into an industry that has provided me with a good living and more than a few japes over the years.

I would also look after animal charities, I am sure the PDSA could find a home for a spare million.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod - can you tell me why my post in this thread dissapeared? Ta.

I believe one of the Mods deleted the post due to a disregard of Rule 2 regarding swearing.

May seem a tad petty, but it is an infringement of site rules & is one of the main issues that creates far too much tax on our time as Mods.

there really is no need for it, tbh

Forum Rules

Hope that clarifies the point :001_smile:

I believe one of the Mods deleted the post due to a disregard of Rule 2 regarding swearing.

May seem a tad petty, but it is an infringement of site rules & is one of the main issues that creates far too much tax on our time as Mods.

there really is no need for it, tbh

Forum Rules

Hope that clarifies the point :001_smile:

Thanks for clarifying; used a version i.e freakin' instead of the Gordon Ramsey word which I did wonder about. Sorry; will read the rules right now. Plenty of real ones on here tho - like in that firewood prices this winter thread.

Just watched the press conference they did. Apparently they aren't going to change a thing, maybe get a new car for the wife. Is it just me getting sick of hearing this BS when someone wins big on something like lotto? This is a life changing event and something that happens to only a few. Maybe it's just me but I'd be spending up large. New houses (yep, plural) cars etc, setting up some of the family and friends and with that kind of dosh I'd be putting some towards some needy charities too. You only get one life and one chance so why not enjoy it while you can. I don't/wouldn't need all of it so it would take a while to figure out exactly who was going to get what but "maybe a new car"? get real.

"Not gonna change a thing", ....... my soddin arse! Wots the bloomin point of trying to win the lottery if you're not going to change your life.

And it could have been me! I was only going to waste it on wine, women and song. :001_rolleyes:

Ah well, s'pose the vineyard in Chile, the brothel in Amsterdam and the purchase of Girls Aloud record label will just have to wait until I win the next big rollover. :lol:

Edited by Stephen Blair

That amount of money is self perpetuating - the interest alone would be four to five million a year, unless you spent really big you would hardly have to touch the capital. As others:001_huh: have said, if its not going to change their lives why the heck did they enter in the first place???!!??

I really can't bear lottery winners who just stick with their old houses and jobs! If they aren't going to change anything, give the sodding money back! It just shows a terminal lack of imagination. I was thinking about what I'd spend that kind of cash on and ended up browsing a yacht website, eventually settling on a £14m, 210ft schooner!

It's not that I don't like my life and work, but I know for certain life would be very very different with £161m in the bank!

I'd buy the 64ft Bermuda cutter my grandfather built in the 60's. Have it done up exactly as it was and just go martini. Spend the rest on various shooting estates, boats, whisky, women, cars etc.