Girl killed by falling branch.

tommer9

last week "children" will have spent hundreds of thousands if not multiple millions more hours collectively on “roads” than the total duration they will have spent actually under trees, ergo it is expected that more children would die on the roads than under trees and there to be an order of magnitude difference between the death figures for trees vs. roads, however that that dose not mean trees are safer because there are less deaths.

When you drive down the road, walk down the pavement/verge you will pass under trees however the duration you will actually spend under trees will be many times less than the journey duration mostly.

Again children will have definitely spent many millions more hours in the company of there parent or guardians in the “3 week” period you talk of than the time they spent under trees.

if you want silly statistics, I would image that there were more people killed by trees last year than were killed by people in star wars imperial storm trooper outfits at conventions, so dose that make people in star wars imperial storm trooper outfits at conventions safer than trees or “normal” people you may meet randomly in any given year.

Does that really make sense to you??????

My garden is full of trees, my childen spend far more time under trees than in or around cars.

Around here a great many of the roads are tree lined, its a wonder anyone survives :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we can realisticaly form conclusions until it has been established why the limb dropped,so why dont we bite our colective tongues,quit throwing the mud about and watch how it pans out?

Then there is something tangiable to work with,on what is at the moment an emotive subject.:001_smile:

I dont think we can realisticaly form conclusions until it has been established why the limb dropped,so why dont we bite our colective tongues,quit throwing the mud about and watch how it pans out?

Then there is something tangiable to work with,on what is at the moment an emotive subject.:001_smile:

One is humbly biting ones tongue :fight:

Not literally I do hope !:biggrin:

Yes, I am...

I am quietly furious at some of the replies to this thread... some members of this forum that pertain to be 'professionals' need to have a serious think about their public comments.

This is the last post I will make on this thread.. the debate has run it's course.

I am saddened by the fact that there are people who find it acceptable to hijack and derail a thread where condolences to a family who have lost a young girl in such an abrupt way were all that there was room for.

It is unproffessional, unsympathetic, degrading and completely in the wrong place.

The place for the sort of blame culture debate is in its own thread.

I hope that those who have made such incredibly misguided comments about the nature if the event and have used this thread to make personal, almost 'flameing' remarks about others dont suffer negative effects to their business, and feel able to reflect on how they have portrayed themselves, and will perhaps conduct themselves more appropriately and maturely in future postings on the forum.

An absolute tragic loss of a young life, made worse by the fact that there are many Fathers on here who surely empathise with her and the pain her parents must now be feeling.

It’s saddening that many if not all local authorities are cutting back on spending and announcing budget cuts. I was given notice that my job is at risk only last week, along with most of my colleagues.

I hope this incident turns out to be an unforeseeable defect / summer branch drop and not a case of a parks tree that has never been inspected or recorded – I’m empathising with the Parks Manager now – I wouldn’t want that on my conscience..