In need of new climbing Line

L200LOG

thats ok mate, yes buddy i have NPTC certs and lantra awards, i've been climbing for 12 years now. can't believe you've been climbing for 14 years on that crappy rope :lol: if your not familiar with anything or have a question on something just have a look in the search bar at the top and search for what you want to find out, then if your still unsure then just ask mate were all hear to help.

as for rope i'm climbing on both new england tachyon with a lock jack, and marlow aries running a hich climber pulley and klemheist friction hitch, both with rope guides (makes the ropes glide through the pulley with ease ), i've got the kolobri harness which is very comfy, but each to there own mate everyone has different tastes and every climber has his ways good luck on the training side mate think it might be an eye opener for you.

Adam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ok mate, yes buddy i have NPTC certs and lantra awards, i've been climbing for 12 years now. can't believe you've been climbing for 14 years on that crappy rope :lol: if your not familiar with anything or have a question on something just have a look in the search bar at the top and search for what you want to find out, then if your still unsure then just ask mate were all hear to help.

as for rope i'm climbing on both new england tachyon with a lock jack, and marlow aries running a hich climber pulley and klemheist friction hitch, both with rope guides (makes the ropes glide through the pulley with ease ), i've got the kolobri harness which is very comfy, but each to there own mate everyone has different tastes and every climber has his ways good luck on the training side mate think it might be an eye opener for you.

Adam

Klemheist , Lock jack????

Hi Majestic ,the harness is an old williams blue with some, what looks like yellow padding on the back with 2 rings one either side, rubs my hips a little after a long climb. Self employed for years, NPTC Certified???

Hi mate;

Ever considered LOLER??!!!!

this must be a wind up!

LOLER is Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations. Dated at 1998 I believe. All PPE must be inspected eve 6 months and rigging equipment every 12.

There are massive improvements in ropes and have been for years.

Ole heist is a type of friction hitch like a prussic or blames hitch. A lock jack is a mechanical device which provides the same function (but terrifyingly quick!)

If you have been working self employed doing work for yourself, do you have insurance? Insurers would want to see proof of competency and years of experience isn't one!

Not having a dig but there are some issues therre!