What system

wattie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a double fishermans with an extra wrap? dont know if it has a name.

whats the advantage of putting an extra wrap in?

Close call. It is a 3-turn scaffold knot. Same as what most people call a doubled fisherman's with an extra turn. The extra turn has been documented in recent tests with our modern ropes to have a higher strength/pull through resistance. Therefore on a termination knot it just gives a bit more reassurance, especially on new rope.

Dave

I tryed many advanced hitches over the years and always went back to a prussic or blakes dismissing them as gimmicky waste of time...less than a couple of years ago switched to a vt with hitch climber.

Felt my climbing had gone stale and needed to learn some new style! tried lock jacks couldnt get used to a total lack of hitch cord in a climbing system so a vt was the next best thing with all the advantages of a lock jack...took a week or so to get properly used too but has definietly made my climbing faster and more efficient.

Thanks all I will keep reading with interest cant get to APF but will go to Bentley. will try a few things before I buy. Get together with some pals and we will have a play.

But please keep them coming - Photos are coll thanks.

Regards

Wattie.

I only use blakes and prussuk too. I tried using a micrograb instead of prussuck on my lanyard for a few weeks but when there is no tension on the line it can annoyingly slip down - needing two hands to re tension.

Gave up on that and am using it on my flip line. It's great for flip line coming back down the trunk.

Im no spring chicken and started with both ends of the rope,

Then became happy with the prussik loops working of one end of climbing rope and having a long split tail.Using a friction saver also gives me fluent movements

But locking with my right arm I can feel will give me sum jip so I am trying to get to grips with this set up....

Trouble is I go back to prussiks as sometimes I havnt got the time to be playing about on the job and I need all my concentration.

But I can see its advantages as I use both arms to pull rope with out the locking and at a certain height the weight of the rope pulls through or groundy can hold it and I just have to make sure its locked!!!

Like as mentioned before I need more time playing around to feel 100%

gtm1.jpeg.5e2aa3dc9c19fb4b057992643e313ba8.jpeg