Stein large blue kit bag

i have had bags made in the sadlers before now and still have them. i got them made extra heavy duty. they are very good. i have also had other stuf made inclucing belts but they cost more but you get them the way you whant them stronger and i would recon tha to rip them you would hardly lift them

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchased the bag for around about the £40 mark.

Looked like a winner, big enough and easy to carry! Had christmas came early??????

Uh No

I ordered it, and the company that I ordered it from took my money and then told me it was out of stock!

When it finally arrived everything went in that I wanted to. I left out the spikes for obvious reasons..... At this point still very happy.

2 Days later the strap at the top came completely unstitched and the black mesh ripped leaving a small hole to begin with then once I picked it up with the one strap that was still intact the mesh ripped wide open!

Actually useless.

Anyone else had a problem or recommend something of similar storage and with decent back pack type straps?

I am a big fan of stein gear normally but seriously let down by this one.:thumbdown:

The first ones we had were excellent but must admit the latest ones are utter garbage

I have a black diamond touchstone haul bag. have had it for at least 4 years. i can get 2 40 meter ropes, harness, all my karabinars and friction cord, ascenders, silky hardhat etc etc. its made strong enough to be dragged up the side of mountains and is still not showing any signs of wear whatsoever. im gonna be passing it on to my grandchildren at this rate. i have l lterally had one rope bag after another for my rigging gear from other manufacturers and they have all either ripped, handles torn off or zips broke inside of a year. costly and tedious. the black diamonds are expensive but its defo a cas of buy quality...buy once. also metolius make superb dome bags that will take a proper battering and not break.

Purchased the bag for around about the £40 mark.

Looked like a winner, big enough and easy to carry! Had christmas came early??????

Uh No

I ordered it, and the company that I ordered it from took my money and then told me it was out of stock!

When it finally arrived everything went in that I wanted to. I left out the spikes for obvious reasons..... At this point still very happy.

2 Days later the strap at the top came completely unstitched and the black mesh ripped leaving a small hole to begin with then once I picked it up with the one strap that was still intact the mesh ripped wide open!

Actually useless.

Anyone else had a problem or recommend something of similar storage and with decent back pack type straps?

I am a big fan of stein gear normally but seriously let down by this one.:thumbdown:

Cheers Mate, was going to get me one of those.

UPDATE!!!

Had a call from Nigel Fletcher this week regarding the issue. Had a great chat with him and he is definitely getting things sorted for me.

Really pleased to know that people do actually care about issues and will take steps to resolve.

Cant say enough about how well it has been handled.

Great work from Fletcher Stewart.!!

:thumbup:

'The first ones we had were excellent but must admit the latest ones are utter garbage'

I agree, my first one was a weaver bag..that lasted 2 years, good bag. I replaced it with another identical bag..except it had Stein on it..it lasted 2 months before the shoulder strap ripped away. About as much use as a handbrake on a canoe...don't buy one :(

The first one I bought made it from th AA show to Gatwick Airport where is Zipper hemoraged in the Terminal.

I bought another at the APF as I was drunk.It almost made it to the Carpark before one of the Straps Ripped off.

"Freinds don't let Freinds use STEIN"

:sneaky2::001_tt2: