Aspen how much are you charged

Old WoodChip

the RECCOMENDED retail prices are as follows:

Aspen 2 - £13.69

Aspen 4 - £13.46

Prices are excl VAT and are unfortunately set to increase by a few pence (as they have at the pumps)

to domestic customers, it doesnt matter if the product costs £16 or £20 because they use so little of it, maybe 5L a year in their chainsaw or their hedgetrimmer.

what i suggest you do is speak with a dealer and tell them how much you will be buying a year and suggest he offers you a discount based on that. Theres no logic that you should be paying the same as somebody that uses 5L a year!

as to the people saying that Aspen does the same as regular petrol then you are very wrong, just read the reviews people write on here and you will quickly understand. Maybe even give it a try!

the cost difference in running aspen compared to regular unleaded is minimal when you work out your overall running costs per day and the advantages outweigh this easily. Promote that you are using clean fuels to your customers if you feel that you need to raise your prices to keep your profits.

we are always looking at getting new dealers so if you dont have one near and would like to start using aspen then give me a call and maybe we can sort something out!

Axel

01929 555971

Just been quoted £14.95 +VAT if I take 6 cans:thumbdown:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used aspen in my 200t once. it wouldn't run on anything else after that. had to go for a tune up after that. wouldn't use it again!!!:sneaky2:

Having said that I've had a few mates come and give a hand in the yard and they've cheerfully used aspen in their old saws with no problems.

I've been using the stuff for 5 years now - nothing else. You buy a pallet in and it usually lasts me 6 months.

The extra cost is worth the benefits for me. I think you try it and if you like it buy a pallet load. Or find a mate to go halves with you. It doesn't have a shelf life so if it lasts you a year or longer what's the problem?

They were doing these heavily subsidised storage containers that store a pallet load for £108-00 + vat a while ago.

How do you do that,:confused1: I have a comprehensive list of things I would like to take the tax and VAT off but the chancellor wont let me. :thumbdown:

Are you VAT registered

If so

Say you buy something for £120

You claim back the VAT element

Item now costs £100

You only pay tax on profit so you are not paying income tax on £100

makes it cost about £80.

This makes sense to me though I may be being stupid or summat:biggrin:

Thanks I understand how VAT works but I am not vat regd. so I can’t reclaim the 20%.

Yes you only have to pay tax on profit but the first principal of making profit is to control your costs.

I know what you are saying

Keep costs down to a minimum maximises profit

BUT

As an employer I have to provide a safe workplace (legally)

This means spending money on new tools even if the old ones still work.

It means providing welfare

etc etc

Also it means that if there is a safer(cleaner) way of doing something then I must consider it and not with a profit hat on. If aspen means more comfortable working or less polluting environment then I must consider it.

Long term though I believe that we are all being pushed to this new world so it's best to get on board early and be seen as a 'good' employer.

In truth though you will find that increasing costs sometimes also maximises profit as workrate improves:thumbup1:

• 1 month later...