excuse me how much are your logs!

bjm logging

I have just had a good one tonight ! Chap comes up our drive walks up our yard looking at my stack of logs, I went to him and asked could i help you,He said How much are your logs i said the bulk bags or the net sacks he said those pointing to the bulk bags of hardwood I said £70 he said are you joking i have just had a log burner installed and would like to fill my car up for a couple of quid! you people in the country are jumping on the bandwagon and trying to make a quick buck. To which i helped him back into his toyota prius and he silently reversed down the drive :001_tt:001_tt2:2:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt he bought a cheap chinese stove as well. Once he buys some 40% moisture wood from the DIY sheds he will learn, not that he will ever admit that to you of course.

On two occasions this winter I have caught people with bandsaw in hand cutting wood from my roadside hedge, they seemed to think that the hedge was public property ( wrong) as as such they had a right to cut it. One was cutting willow !!.

A

i like the one the man down the road will deliver 10 ton split to me for £20 .i reply why have you come here .they always say he not there anymore i wonder why my favourite one is they are only logs you get them free

Edited by Billy68

I have just had a good one tonight ! Chap comes up our drive walks up our yard looking at my stack of logs, I went to him and asked could i help you,He said How much are your logs i said the bulk bags or the net sacks he said those pointing to the bulk bags of hardwood I said £70 he said are you joking i have just had a log burner installed and would like to fill my car up for a couple of quid! you people in the country are jumping on the bandwagon and trying to make a quick buck. To which i helped him back into his toyota prius and he silently reversed down the drive :001_tt:001_tt2:2:

Think i might of sent him on his way with my boot up his @rse !

Stories like this make me chuckle!

Unfortunately its not worth getting into conversation with such, they usually know it all and are not capable of taking professional advice:001_rolleyes:

You may as well send them on their way and giggle when they have gone!:thumbup:

We installed a stove for a customer. I went back to it a few months later as they'd messed with the door catch adjustment and couldn't get it right.

Whilst i'm there he says....."they're bloody expensive to run aren't they"

I asked him how he was buying his wood......he the went into he pantry and pulled out a little cardboard box. It was like one of those boxes you get 6 bottles of wine in with the cardboard dividers. The box was tiny and each log was loaded into a separate divider. When i asked him how much he told me he'd paid £5.50 from a stove shop in Harrogate!

That's nearly a £1 per log! It was a nice looking cardboard box though :-) People who live in Harrogate and Knaresborough get heavily ripped off by the local shops. It's crazy.

I advised he found a log supplier.....one that didn't live in Harrogate and get at least a cube delivered at a time. He'd be well chuffed at our £130 for 1.2 cube!